Sunday, November 18, 2012

Been There, Baked That: Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread

Football season is one of my favorite times of the year, even when my Spartans are having a rough season.  I adore watching games, following rankings, and, of course, football food.  Specifically, the types of foods you'd take to a tailgate or have on your buffet while having the gang over to watch games on the big screen.  Tailgate food is always easy to handle and it's almost always some kind of soothing, fattening comfort food.  Why?  Because you tailgate when it's chilly outside, and who wants to eat fruit or a light salad when you're bundled up outside on a damp, 40-degree afternoon?  No, you want chili or taco dip or buffalo wings or that kind of nonsense.  The kind of food that sticks to your ribs.

Last Fall, I stumbled across a recipe for Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread.  I immediately thought that this would make an amazing football dish or a snack to take to my family's Christmas Eve appetizer buffet.  I whipped it up last year and Hubs fell in love with it!!  He's a tough critic, and since this passed his test, I knew I had to make it again sometime.  That sometime came last week.  Let's just say that I had a very happy, stuffed husband on my hands and my diet was blown.  This monkey bread brings the yum in a big way!

Is this healthy?  NO. 

Is it full of carbs and fat?  SURE IS.

Does it make you want more?  HELL YES.

What do you need to make Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread?  You'll need a bundt pan, a small sauce pan and a basting brush.  Yes, a bundt pan, that pan your mom bought you that you only break out once a year.

Here's the recipe:

Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread
 
Ingredients:
2 cans of refrigerated biscuit dough
1 jar of pizza sauce (part for monkey bread, part for dipping)
1 block of mozzarella cheese
2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
4 tbsp butter
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
Ranch dressing (for dipping)



 In a small sauce pan, heat garlic and butter over medium heat until the garlic browns and butter melts (about 5 minutes)
Remove pan from heat and add garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
 
Coat your bundt pan with non-stick spray.
 
Cut mozzarella cheese into 3/4" cubes.
 
 
 
Flatten 1 round of biscuit dough and cut in half.
On one biscuit half, place 1 or 2 slices of pepperoni, 1 cube of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 tsp. of pizza sauce. 
 
 
Fold dough onto itself, making a ball and sealing the edges so toppings don't seep out.  Repeat until all of the biscuit dought has been used.  You will have 32 balls.  Place half of the balls in the bottom of the bundt pan and brush with half of the butter mixture.
 
 
Repeat, placing the last half of the balls into the pan and brushing with the remaining butter mixture.
 
 
Bake for 35-40 minutes at 400 degrees.
 
Pull pan out of the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before turning it over onto a plate.
 
 
It looks awfully brown, but it's not burned, I promise.
 
Pull biscuit pieces apart and fill up your plate. 
Use remaining pizza sauce and ranch dressing for dipping.
 
The inside of one of these bad boys.  Totally scrumptious.
 
There you have it!  Deliciousness on plate, angioplasty not included.  This will be enjoyed by men, kids and ladies looking for a culinary splurge. 
 
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved