Saturday, November 17, 2012

Catching Up, or Why I'm a Bad Blogger

I feel like I've got some explaining to do.  I've been striving for the past few months to create new blog posts a few times a week, always keeping it updated with the latest and greatest in my life, my interests and my concerns.  My past week has been so stinking busy that the bloggity blog was put on back-burner.  It actually feel crappy about it because I've been working hard to keep it up.  So many great things have happened over the past week, but I haven't I'm trying to get better about keeping my commitments to myself despite the craziness.  This means blogging, cleaning, and keeping gas in my car.  I'm a work in progress.

Here are the highlights of the past week:
  • Last Friday night, I got to see Weezer in concert with my girlfriend Jess.  I've wanted to see this band live for the better part of the last 20 years.  Yes, you read that right, that means I'm getting old.  I bought my first Weezer album (the Blue album) in 1994 and jammed out to this on the regular in my first car, a little green Saturn SC2.  Ah, the memories!  I still get little goosebumps while I sing along, loudly and obnoxiously, to Undone (The Sweater Song).  I think there are two types of people:  People who get Weezer and people who don't.  Hubs does NOT get Weezer and thinks they're mediocre at best.  I happen to think Weezer is a quirky band with catchy pop rock songs that make me super happy.  Different strokes for different folks.   SO, the show was AWESOME!!  The band was chock full of energy and played every single hit song they've ever had in an hour and a half (that's what happens when you have a slew of 4 minute songs).  It was totally worth the ridiculously high ticket price.  Here are a few pics from the show:
Chillin' prior to the show

I <3 logo="logo" lying="lying" nbsp="nbsp" td="td" the="the" w="w">

Rivers came into the audience to play a bunch of times and was a phenomenal showman

  • Last Saturday was Hubby's best friend's wedding, and it was great to hang out with the whole gang again!  I was excited to finally bust out my new DKNY animal print dress, which I paired with black tights, cardi and shoes (because it was a funeral--just kidding!). To be honest, the most fun part of the night was all of the picture-taking we did on the back patio of the venue.  Thankfully it was a beautiful night and we weren't too chilly, so it added to the photo op.  Here's some evidence:
Hubs and I (doesn't he look handsome?)
Jess and I kept each other company (that makes 2 nights in a row)
Yes, I'm giving the statue bunny ears (I blame the wine)
This used to be red velvet wedding cake

  • Last Sunday, I went to the Junior League Holiday Gift Market out at the fairgrounds with Tracy and Tammy, and I tore it up!  I bought another bubble necklace (this time in green), a monogrammed duffle bag, a big wooden monogram to hang on our hallway wall, and some presents for my family.  Later in the day, Hubs and I ran off to our first Yelp event, Livin' La Vida Local.  We couldn't resist going because it was free food and drinks at Datz, one of our favorite local restaurants, and we finally got to see what Yelp events are like.  It was a big win!!  We had amazing food and cocktails, and I met up with a few local bloggers who are just wonderful girls.  Here were a few of my favorite sips and noshes from night:
Winter White Cosmo, hummus and veggies and the Piggy flabread
Housemade potato chips with blue cheese drizzle
Mulled Cider Martini
Chicken and waffle cones
Moi, loving the event and the great people we met
  • Hubs, a die-hard hockey fan, has been down in the dumps lately becuase of the on-going hockey lockout.  On Monday, we went to a college hockey game to help ease the no-hockey blues.  USF beat University of Tampa (my grad school alma mater) 4-2, and it was really good!  I loved that at one point there were three guys from both teams in the penalty box at the same time.  I couldn't help but snap a picture of the new JumboTron, which went from big to GINORMOUS!  It's a bit ridiculous how big it is, but I'm sure the people up in the cheap seats appreciated the Imax-like screen.

  • Wednesday night was my Juniors club meeting followed by a sushi date with my pal, Tracy.  On Thursday night, we met up again and went to the Juniors holiday shopping party.  I don't think I've ever hung out with Tracy so many times in one week!  I wound up getting some very necessary shopping done for my family and myself!  In case you haven't figured it out, I subscribe to a "one for you, one for me" holiday shopping strategy.  So far it's yielded me some faboo finds!
I'll be back tomorrow with updates on my weekend, which is turning into a great one.  I can't wait to share!!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

I have been a terrible blogger myself lately, so I can relate! I have always wanted to see Weezer live, but never have for some reason :( and I feel bad I didn't get to talk to you more at Datz, it got a bit hectic in there!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved