Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Greetings

Happy Thanksgiving, my dear friends!!

I cannot believe that we've already reached Thanksgiving... this year has gone by so fast!  I think I say that every year, though.  It seems like the years when I was younger passed by more slowly, and now that I'm older, I'm always wondering where time went.  I'm always trying to lasso another couple of hours here or a day there to catch up on chores or find some "me" time, and those hours and days go by in a New York minute.

Over the past few days, I've been reflecting on the blessings I have in my life.  This year hasn't gone perfectly, but I still have many things to be thankful for...

Like these two...

Hubs and Bella

Great friends...




My loving, kooky and charismatic family...

Plenty of these...

Minus the incorrect spelling of my name
Craft Beer
Michigan State Spartans Athletics (even when we're having a down year)...

'Cuz we're always going to watch the games in true Spartan style!
A profession that I love...
My lovely little home...
... and even some of this
L.O.V.E.
I'm grateful that I am healthy and so is my family.  This Thanksgiving marks four years since my mom's cancer surgery, and I am beyond grateful that she's healthy as a horse today.  She is one of my very best friends and imagining life without her was excruciatingly painful.  Four years ago was a scary time, but now it's a joyous time full of love and gratitude from my whole family.  I am thankful to God that my mom is still with us today.
We are spending our Thanksgiving this year at my parents' house, where there will be 8 of us enjoying a beautiful feast.  We all have a hand in the meal:  I always make the mashed potatoes and green bean casserole, my sister makes the stuffing, my mom makes the turkey and deviled eggs.  Our guests just bring themselves and a smile (or maybe a package of dinner rolls if my mom forgets them at the store).  After Thanksgiving dinner, we all gather in the living room to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation to kick off the Christmas holiday season.  We all end up belly laughing and sharing stories about past Christmases, and it's one of my favorite aspects of Thanksgiving Day. 

This Thanksgiving also marks my parents' 37th wedding anniversary, so we have additional happiness to celebrate.  37 years sounds like an eternity to me, but my mom swears that time has flown and it hasn't really seemed like such a long time.  That's the sign of a happy marriage, when 37 years go by so fast that you barely recognize it.  I think they've learned that they get along 95% of the time and the other 5% of the time they pursue solo hobbies to they don't drive each other nuts.  (Hubs and I will get there eventually too, I'm sure.)

Regardless of what you're doing this Thanksgiving, I hope that you are all enjoying a wonderful holiday today.  Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving and many blessings to you and your family!

1 comment:

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

I agree that time goes by SO fast as adults!!

Congratulations to your parents 37th wedding anniversary!!

by the way, not sure if you knew or not but you have word verification turned on which makes it diffcult to comment :)


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved