Monday, December 31, 2012

A Farewell to 2012

It's already December 31st, and we're about to usher in the new year.  Can you believe that it's already the end of 2012??  Part of me thinks this was a pretty standard year up until August, then things went by so, so fast.  Like, I blinked and I missed it!

2012 wasn't one of my best years, but it certainly wasn't the worst either.  I went through some major changes at work, and it's made a lot of my year really difficult.  Then, Hubs and I went on a cruise for our first anniversary, but we both got food poisoning on the last night of our trip.  I also got super sick from some germs I picked up on the cruise and was sick for two weeks afterward.  Not cool at all.  Hubs also stopped working at the radio station, so we lost our free concert benefits.  But actually, that has actually turned out to be a good thing.  For the first time since we've known each other (that's 4-1/2 years, folks), we were able to spend all of our weekends around the holidays together, and I loved every minute of it!

Even though a few things didn't go so well, and I can't let those things overshadow so many other wonderful things that happened.  I celebrated my first anniversary with my cute husband, who I love more than anything and feel thankful to call my own.  Also, Hubs got a sweet new job this year, and he really loves it.  This job was a blessing for us, and it's great to see my man come home happy and joking after a long day of work.  That seriously never happened before!  We also had an aggressive debt repayment plan, and we paid off several major debts this year.  Talk about liberating!  This has allowed us to make a few big purchases this year, like new appliances and Hubs' LASIK.  I feel like we had some very fortunate times and lots of smiles, so I can call this year a success.

I'm really looking forward to 2013 because I have so much on the horizon.  We're hoping to buy a new house, I'm setting new personal goals... and we may even start thinking about having a baby.  I'm just giddy at the thought of what the new year might bring! 

Hubs and I have a nice little New Year's Eve party for two going over here.  We have some great wine to sip, we watched Brave (thanks to my hubby's last minute Redbox raid), and we have some great smelling B&BW candles lit.  I also made pulled pork for dinner, as well as delicious Mr. Goodbar brownies, so we're closing our year on a high note.  I even chilled a bottle of champagne off the wine rack for some midnight toasting.  YAY!

Best wishes for a happy New Year ladies!!

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved