Sunday, December 9, 2012

My Christmas List ~ Part 1

I don't know if your family is like mine, but my family absolutely loves Christmas.  Especially the part about giving gifts.  There's nothing like seeing the look on someone's face when they open something that they really want or even something unexpected.  It makes my heart so happy!

My family enjoys choosing gifts that we know the other person will love, but some people in my family are very hard to shop for (i.e. my parents and brother-in-law).  And my parents think my sister and I are hard to shop for, which is silly because we love everything!  Since my parents have a hard time with shopping, they've always asked my sister and I to make them a Christmas list of our must-have gifts.  Since we've both gotten married, this has extended to our hubbies making them Christmas lists, and my parents give us lists in return.  We don't always buy what's on the lists, but when we're in a pinch or need to buy something of a specific price point, the lists really come in handy.

I actually made two lists this year.  One for gifts under $100 each and another for "stretch gifts" that are over $100 each.  The second list is more of a pipe dream, but I have to admit, it's fun to fantasize about opening one of those items on Christmas!

Here are some items from my Under $100 Christmas list...

 



 
 
 
(Yes, I still like physical CDs for my favorite bands!)

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Heaven Perfume from The Gap
 
 
 
Jewelry from LOFT
 
 
 
And of course Gift Cards for Target, Starbucks, LOFT, Bath and Body Works, Old Navy,
various restaurants or AMC Theaters
 
 
Inevitably, Hubs will not buy much from the list, but he always gets me gifts that I love.  He does this by taking notes about things I mention wanting throughout the year, and he saves them up for Christmas and my birthday (which is 2 days after Christmas).  I really look forward to seeing what he's gotten me!!  I see the presents wrapped under the tree and I always resist the urge to feel and shake each package.  I really don't want to ruin my Christmas, so I'll behave myself!
 
What item on your Christmas list are you most hoping to get this year?

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Haha, switch the iphone case for a camera and we have verrry similar wish lists! LOL


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved