Monday, December 3, 2012

Welcome December

The past few days have been awesome, and I'm all geared up for a fantastic December.  Here are some highlights from the weekend:

  • Last Thursday, Hubs and I met up with our friends, Jess and Steve, for a concert by Perpetual Groove in St. Petersburg.  This was the first time I've heard their music (Jess is a big fan), and the musicianship was awesome!  They're a jam band, so you've gotta be into that kind of thing to sit through 2 hours of their music (2 hours, 8 songs... typical jam band show!), but it was really awesome.  Here are a couple of pictures from that night...
Staying warm on a cool Florida evening

Hubster and I (before he became bored out of his gourd)
  • On Saturday, Hubs and I went to an appointment and out to lunch, then we did a little Christmas shopping.  We then came home and spent an evening in, which was just what we both wanted.  I'm still getting used to Hubs being around so much on the weekend... but I have actually really enjoyed it!  I kinda thought him being around all the time might cramp  my style a tad (hey, I'm being honest) but it really hasn't at all.  I'm just so glad to spend more time with him!  We finished decorating the house for Christmas, and I'm loving these two pictures right now...

  • On Sunday, Hubs told me to scram for a few hours so he could do some Christmas things around the house.  Over the past 4 years, I've learned that when he asks me to do things that seem a little strange, I just do it because it usually leads to something awesome.  What does a girl do when she's alone with nothing to do?  Go shopping.  And not just for other people this time, mostly for moi.  I scored some great deals by coupling coupons and sales, so I was stoked.  When I got home, Hubs had decorated the outside of our condo for Christmas!  I have always wanted to decorate the outside, but since we don't have any exterior outlets, I never knew how to do it.  He used solar powered lights, and he made faux presents to sit next to the front door.  He really went all-out (as all-out as you can get with a condo), and I think if we had a regular house, it would rival the Griswold's.  Here are a few pictures...
Holy mother of pearl, those are big faux presents!

Palm tree lights... the bushes also got lit up later!

And of course he got icicle lights and candy canes to line the walkway!
I love that Hubs always tries to surprise me and make me smile.  I truly feel blessed to have him as my husband, because I know that most men don't do things like this!

Now we're fully into December and Christmas is barreling toward us full-speed.  I'm back to work, but the good news is that I've only got 4-day workweeks from now until the 21st, then I'm off until the beginning of 2013.  WOO HOO!! 

Happy December to all!!

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved