Friday, February 15, 2013

A Return to the Real World

Whew, what a crazy few weeks this has been!  I've been in a whirlwind of emotions and traveling, as well as performing a juggling act with my regular activities and to-do's.  I'm tired, but I've been hanging in there.

We have spent the majority of the past two and a half weeks flying back and forth to the Philadelphia area to be with my husband's family following my mother-in-law's passing.  We really loved seeing the family and spending time with them, despite the circumstances, and it made us wish that we could come up to visit more often.  They're Italian and believe in expressing their love through food, so they fed us constantly (my waistline isn't thanking them for that!) and made us feel so welcome.  Even thought we were loved on so much, we were sooooo ready to come home!  There's nothing like sleeping in your own bed, being around your own things and getting to spend quality time with your own dog. 

I didn't take many pictures on our trip because, well, it wasn't really a pleasure trip, but I do have one favorite to share.

Me with Hubs' Godfather, Tom.  He's Fah-bulous !
We stayed with Hubs' Godfather, Tom, and his partner, David in Delaware, which is not too far from the part of Philly where Hubs grew up.  Let me tell you, they are the best hosts EVER!!  We just love staying with them and getting spoiled. 

We got back to Tampa on Monday evening, where my wonderful parents picked Hubs and I up at the airport and took us out to our favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner.  When I got home, I was greeted by my very excited, sweet little dog, Bella, and got oodles of puppy kisses.  It was just what the doctor ordered!  After those initial snuggles, though, Bella basically ignored me all night.  She was mad at me for leaving her for so long, and she did nothing but give me the bitch face.  Ugh.  Of course this made me sad, but this is her M.O. after we get home from long trips.  She usually gets over it within 24 hours and she's back to her normal, cuddly self.

It has been a taxing couple of weeks being away from home, but the good news is that I have a slew of blog posts half-written on my cell phone.  I'm going to get busy finishing and posting those over the next week or so.  I'm happy that I have so many posts coming up, and also happy that I remembered to write my thoughts down immediately so I didn't lose them forever.  I usually find that my best blog ideas come while I'm driving, so I can't document them, thus resulting in me forgetting about them by the time I get home.  Doh.  At least Hubs was driving on this trip so I could make notes as ideas came to me!

Well, onward and upward.  I was back to work three days this week, and next week is a four-day work week (yay, President's Day!).  I am glad to be getting back into the swing of things and look forward to happier days ahead!

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved