Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday Social: Valentine's Day

Sunday Social time!!

Wow, it's been many moons since I've linked up for this one, and it's high time that I do it again!  I am LOVING this week's theme of Valentine's Day.  I'm such a sap, so talking about Hugs N Hearts Day (that's what my twin sis and I call it) just makes me soooo happy!

Lets get to the V-Day questions:

1. Best Valentines Day you’ve ever had: My first V-Day with Hubs back in 2009.  He shaved his beloved goatee off the night before V-Day, and it was the first time I'd ever seen him clean-shaven.  I just loved the baby face I never knew he had!!  On V-Day, he took me out to a very nice restaurant, Benedetto's, and gave me a sold gold Steven Singer rose.  I loved the sentiment and really saw what a sweetheart he was.  I was so impressed with how much effort he put into this holiday and I couldn't wait for more.

2. Worst Valentines Day you’ve ever had: When I was 24, I went to see the local Chihuly art glass exhibition with a guy I'd been talking to.  The date was fine, I guess, but not very interactive and I didn't really know what to talk to him about.  He was so quiet!  On the way home in our car, I asked if he wanted to go get a drink, and he proceeded to tell me that he was a recovering alcoholic, so no, he couldn't get a drink.  Holy awkwardness.  Then, as the car got closer to my apartment, a foul smell permeated the air.  I think he farted, but he started asking me if I did it.  Um, NO!!!  I politely asked if it could be the emissions system in his car, but he said that couldn't be it.  I say the skunk smells his own hole first.  Yuck.

3. What did you do for Valentines this year?  A casual date to Cappy's Pizzeria, followed by a loving and hilarious gift exchange.  (See my previous blog post for details.)  It was much more low-key than usual, but I really loved it.  Perfect in every way.

4. Best Valentines Idea if you’re single: Go for drinks and dinner with your single girlfriends!!  I did this a number of times, and we always had the best time.  One year, a friend of mine brought me a box of chocolate covered fortune cookies with love fortunes in them, which was such a great idea.  Love on your girlfriends if you can't love on a guy!

5. Favorite Valentines Candy? Reese's Peanut Butter Hearts

6. Favorite Valentines Memory from your childhood: My mom and dad always gave us little Valentine's Day gifts for us while we were eating our breakfast on V-Day morning.  One year I got a little red heart-shaped box filled with candy and a bracelet, and I thought that was the greatest thing ever.  My parents never did much for V-Day, but we learned to appreciate the little things.

I hope you ladies had a great Valentine's Day too!

5 comments:

Jen @indigoandviolet.com said...

Your Best Valentine's is so beautiful! Sniff Sniff!

I also love how your parents gave you something nice. I want to borrow that thought for my kids. If that's what they remember, that would be awesome!

Doing my Sunday Social rounds! Do come by!

www.indigoandviolet.com

Adrienne Rose said...

OH goodness!! HE FARTED?! ACK! That would be a NO GO for me! Totally awkward! And kind of rude that he was like "no, I can't go for drinks" without offering up a better solution! Pft.

Adrienne Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nichole said...

Um yea I'd say that was the WORST Valentine's ever! Recovering alcoholic?! I'd die. So glad you have a better permanent Valentine partner now :)

Jessica Eustace said...

That is the worst date! I can't believe her farted! *gag*
Stopping by from the link up! New follower!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved