Sunday Social time!!
Wow, it's been many moons since I've linked up for this one, and it's high time that I do it again! I am LOVING this week's theme of Valentine's Day. I'm such a sap, so talking about Hugs N Hearts Day (that's what my twin sis and I call it) just makes me soooo happy!
Lets get to the V-Day questions:
1. Best Valentines Day you’ve ever had: My first V-Day with Hubs back in 2009. He shaved his beloved goatee off the night before V-Day, and it was the first time I'd ever seen him clean-shaven. I just loved the baby face I never knew he had!! On V-Day, he took me out to a very nice restaurant, Benedetto's, and gave me a sold gold Steven Singer rose. I loved the sentiment and really saw what a sweetheart he was. I was so impressed with how much effort he put into this holiday and I couldn't wait for more.
2. Worst Valentines Day you’ve ever had: When I was 24, I went to see the local Chihuly art glass exhibition with a guy I'd been talking to. The date was fine, I guess, but not very interactive and I didn't really know what to talk to him about. He was so quiet! On the way home in our car, I asked if he wanted to go get a drink, and he proceeded to tell me that he was a recovering alcoholic, so no, he couldn't get a drink. Holy awkwardness. Then, as the car got closer to my apartment, a foul smell permeated the air. I think he farted, but he started asking me if I did it. Um, NO!!! I politely asked if it could be the emissions system in his car, but he said that couldn't be it. I say the skunk smells his own hole first. Yuck.
3. What did you do for Valentines this year? A casual date to Cappy's Pizzeria, followed by a loving and hilarious gift exchange. (See my previous blog post for details.) It was much more low-key than usual, but I really loved it. Perfect in every way.
4. Best Valentines Idea if you’re single: Go for drinks and dinner with your single girlfriends!! I did this a number of times, and we always had the best time. One year, a friend of mine brought me a box of chocolate covered fortune cookies with love fortunes in them, which was such a great idea. Love on your girlfriends if you can't love on a guy!
5. Favorite Valentines Candy? Reese's Peanut Butter Hearts
6. Favorite Valentines Memory from your childhood: My mom and dad always gave us little Valentine's Day gifts for us while we were eating our breakfast on V-Day morning. One year I got a little red heart-shaped box filled with candy and a bracelet, and I thought that was the greatest thing ever. My parents never did much for V-Day, but we learned to appreciate the little things.
I hope you ladies had a great Valentine's Day too!