Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wednesday Brain Dump

You know what I think?  I think it's the perfect day for a post of random thoughts.  It's been one of those cray days where my mind is all over the board, and I just need to do a brain dump.  Are you with me?!  If not, just play along!

So let's talk about Oscar dresses.  I loved a lot of the dresses I saw on the red carpet, but I was incredibly disappointed with those worn by Adele, Melissa McCarthy and Anne Hathaway. I adore these ladies, but what's up with their gown choices?? All three have looked better on previous red carpets.

Melissa wore an ill-fitting gray jersey tent with some cheap looking appliques, which didn't flatter her figure at all.  It's just a ginormous sack hiding her body.  The sleeves were all bunchy (formal wear should never have a dolman sleeve) and the draping around the midsection just looks awkward.

via huffingtonpost.com

Adele wore a glorified Mother of the Bride dress with a neckline and sleeve that screamed "fuddy duddy".  I know that this woman has a decollete and maybe some cleavage in there somewhere.  Plus, this was yet another black dress worn by Adele, who's apparently going for the Lady Johnny Cash look.  I seriously never see her in anything but black.  I want to challenge Adele to wear a COLOR.  She has the skin tone to pull off a bright color and I know she can work a shorter dress.  Do it, girl!

via huffingtonpost.com
 
I think both of these ladies can do better.  They need better stylists, particularly stylists who are used to working with curvier figures.  I think they either went sans stylist for this event or they picked stylists who were confused about how to dress a woman who's not a stick figure.  Hopefully both learn from their mistakes for their next gala events.

And let's not forget about Anne Hathaway's pink column dress with the unfortunate darts.  This dress gives her perma-nipples and looks like a bridesmaid's dress.  While it is beautifully fitted and makes Anne look extremely tall and slender, but all of that can't fix the chest issue.  Anne normally has impeccable style, but this was a miss for her. 

via upi.com

Seriously, she could put an eye out with those things.

Now on to TV.  My TV experience was greatly stunted last week when I had to replace my cable box and I lost everything in my DVR.  EVERYTHING!!  It was 90% full when I turned in the box, and of course I lost all of the shows I scheduled to record.  UGH.  I am still trying to figure out what shows I had set to record, because my memory apparently sucks.  If I was smart, I would have written everything down before I turned in the box, but nooooooo, of course I didn't think to do that.  Now, when there's a lull in programming where I'd typically watch a DVR'd show, I am back to surfing channels.  This inevitably leads to Hubs turning on old, crappy James Bond movies, like The World is Not Enough, where Denise Richards plays a nuclear physicist named Dr. Christmas Jones.  Yes, Christmas.  Greeeeaaaaat.

Lets talk about home fragrance.  More specifically, Scentportables from Bath and Body Works.  I have been addicted to the Fresh Bamboo scent, which has made my car smell springy and delightful, but recently I switched it out for the Frosted Cupcake scent.  This was a terrible choice for my diet, because now I want cupcakes all.the.time.  This fragrance insert should come with a warning label:  "This fragrance may cause frequent and severe cravings to pig out on sweets."  It's too dangerous!

On another note, I was nominated for another Liebster Award!  Jess from Hated on the Playground nominated me, and I was so happy that she did.  Her blog is so cute and I have enjoyed the great new read.  In case you're unfamiliar with this awards, it's shared by bloggers with those who have less than 200 followers to help keep the positive blog momentum going.  I just love using it to discover fun new bloggers!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GmnAU4BswWw/UQsj2bsSBjI/AAAAAAAAAus/wwuVJmqKd8k/s1600/Liebster-Award.gif

Typically, you should...
 
1. I'll list 11 things about myself.
2. I'll answer 11 things Jess has asked me.
3. I'll nominate 11 people and ask them 11 questions.

I was nominated for a Liebster Award awhile back and nominated some great bloggers.  Check them out here.  I won't be nominating anymore bloggers, but I'd love to tell you 11 random things about me and answer Jess's questions, which is always the fun part.

11 things about me
1. I prefer white wine to red any day of the week.
2. I hate breaking in new shoes because they always give me terrible blisters.  Always.  Shoes are not my friends, but flip flops are.
3. Tagalongs are my favorite Girl Scout cookies.
4. Dream about having a new house with a huge laundry room and a huge refrigerator.
5. My dog, Bella, is the first and only pet I've owned as an adult.  She's 12 years old and just as spunky and spry as she was when she was a puppy.
6. I'm hoping that 2013 is my year for big life changes.  I have so much I'm hoping to achieve this year!
7. My husband was a radio DJ when we met and I always love his sexy radio voices.
8. My first car was a white 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera, and it was the slowest car on Earth.  It was the perfect car for a 16 year old to drive (from my parents perspective).
9. My twin sister still calls me by my childhood nickname, Bear.
10. College football is my favorite sport and Michigan State is my team.  Go Spartans!
11. I love clean laundry, but I hate folding it, hanging it and putting it away.  I wish there was a laundry fairy who would do it for me!

My questions
1. Why did you start blogging?  I wanted a place to document my husband and I's life together after we got married in 2011.  It's sort of morphed into a place for all of the things I enjoy, not just the things that Hubs and I do together.  I've loved my blog's evolution.
2. What is your biggest pet peeve?  When a car passes me, then gets in front of me going slower, then turns immediately.  Hmph.
3. What is your guilty pleasure?  Watching Ghost Adventures while eating a Taco Bell Cookie Sandwich.
4. What is your favorite thing to watch on tv?  It's hard to choose between The Office, Project Runway and Top Chef.  All are amazing!
5. Is your hair color natural?  Dark brown.
6. If you could go anywhere where would you go?  London, England
7. What do you concider your best personality trait?  My silliness
8. What is your hometown famous for?  The World's Narrowest Bar.  No joke.
9. Where do you picture yourself in the next 5 years?  I picture myself here in Florida with two kids, a nice house and a job that I love.
10. Do you have any bad habits, if so what are they?  I crack my knuckles occasionally, stay up way too late at night and drink far too much diet soda.
11. What is your favorite drink? Non-Alcoholic - Pepsi Max, Alcoholic - Abita Strawberry Harvest Lager

Well that was fun!  I really needed to get all of that out there.  Muchas gracias for following along and sharing in my moment of randomness!!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

OMG, I am so glad you agree about Melissa's dress {like I know her}! I love her, but that dress was awful!! I'd cry if that happened to my DVR.

Alison Clarke said...

Thanks for taking time for sharing this article, it was excellent and very informative. Its really very useful of all of users. I found a lot of informative stuff in your article. Keep it up.
obagi nu derm starter kit


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved