Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Favorite Things for Spring

When I was a kid growing up in Michigan, I struggled through dark and dreary winters, and waited anxiously for the first signs of Spring.  Because I love this season so darn much, I'm linking up today to talk about my Favorite Things for Spring!



Flowers

via tulips.com



I have had a love affair with tulips and daffodils since I was a wee child, and seeing them pop up in grocery and flower stores always meant that Spring had arrived!  My husband even incorporated tulips in his proposal and they were in my bridal bouquet.  Ah, I love them so much!  I also adore Easter Lilies, but since they bother my Hubby's allergies, we can never have them at home.  Thankfully the tulips don't bother him, so he has no reason not to pick some up for me on his way home from work!


Weather


Warm, sunshiney weather soothes my soul in a way that few things can.  That's why I love living in Florida so much--very few cold, overcast days!  Spring also means that I can use the pool again, work on my my tan, wear flip flops and wear the brightest colors.


Strawberries


Springtime means a trip to the Strawberry Festival and umpteen strawberry shortcakes, because strawberries are my favorite food EVER and they are finally in season!  I will never, ever get tired of them, and I love them in everything, like cereal, salads, cocktails and desserts.  I think they're the perfect food.


Abita Strawberry Harvest Lager


This is Abita's spring seasonal beer, and being the strawberry freak that I am, I cannot get enough of this beer!  Thankfully more stores are carrying it this year, so it's easier to find and I don't have to go far to get my fix.  Yum!

March Madness



And who could forget about the greatest show of athleticism each Spring?  March Madness is such an exciting time to be a college basketball fan, and I love watching my Michigan State Spartans take on anyone in the land.   Except Duke and maybe Indiana.  I love watching the ultra close games and feeling the rush of excitement when we finally bring home a win.  Now that it's tournament time, the team has a tough road ahead of them, but I know they'll do a great job!


What are your favorite things for Spring??
What do you look forward to every year, and what are those signs of Spring that excite you?

4 comments:

Nichole said...

Clearly I also love tulips since I blogged about them, too! Love your spring favorites.

Krystal said...

Loved your list. Abita is one of my favorites! I love fruity beers and cider. :)

Rachel said...

Great favs! I loooove tulips! And warm weather! lol Thanks for linking up!

Amanda* said...

I lovvee tulips!!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved