Sunday, March 3, 2013

February Starbox

Being a fan of subscription services, I've gotten my fair share of great products and my fair share of product failures.  One thing I've been searching for is a cosmetic based subscription service that lets me try amazing products that are new to me.  My friend Brittany from The Domestic Geek recently recommended that I give Starbox a try. 

Starbox is a subscription service costing $15 per month that sends you a set of full-size products from their own Starlooks line.  The company compares their products to other high-end brands, and after doing a little research, I was stoked to see what kind of products they would send.  I've found that many companies' proprietary brands are just as good as other more expensive items that I'd find at beauty specialty stores and department stores, and I'm always looking to give new brands a try.

Starbox was gracious enough to send me one of their February boxes to see how I liked it.  The February box was a special box with items recommended by Lauren Clark, a professional make-up artist with some impressive credentials.



Isn't the packaging pretty?!  Here are the items that came inside:


Clockwise starting at top left:
 
Lip Gloss in Pink Oasis ($11)
Pot Eye Liner in Princess Diaries ($15)
HD Fluid Blush in Barbie ($15)
Lip Pencil in Tipsy ($8)
 
When I first opened this box, I thought that all of these colors were fresh and great for Spring.  I also thought that none of these products would ever look good on me.  They weren't the types of colors that I'm typically attracted to, but then I remembered that the point of me getting this box was to try new things.  This box definitely allowed me to do that.
 
Pot eyeliner is something that I have only recently begun experimenting with.  The difference between this and the one that I got from Ipsy was the color:  this one is baby pink!  I decided to put my finger in it to test the consistency, and it felt just like a cream eyeshadow.  So, I used it as an eyeshadow and it looked gorgeous!!  I used it without my usual eyelid primer, and the color stayed all day.  I was really impressed!
 
The HD fluid blush was a brand new product for me.  I've been reading about HD blushes a lot lately, so I know that they are highly pigmented and pack a punch.  I could tell that this product was thick and may not blend well if put directly onto my cheeks, so I followed a tip and dabbed some of this blush on the back of my hand.  I then applied it to the apples of my cheeks using a stippling brush, and I'm so glad I did it this way!!  If I had applied this directly to my cheeks, it would have been WAY too much.  I ended up with a healthy, rosy effect.
 
The lip liner and lip gloss were really interesting.  The lip liner was almost an orange color, and I thought that it would never look good with my fair skin tone.  I was so wrong!  I lined and filled in my lips with it, then applied a little of the lip gloss.  My lips looked great and the color was perfect for Spring!  The lip gloss is called Pink Oasis, but it looks like more of a glittery lavender shade in the tube.  I was really happy that this gloss wasn't glittery at all once it was on my lips.
 
Overall, I was really happy with my first Starbox experience and I can see the appeal to being a monthly subscriber.  The box contained a total of $41 worth of cosmetics which is pretty awesome.  Who doesn't love full-size products for a steal?!  Go to Starlooks.com to check out their pretty product offerings and monthly subscription boxes.

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved