Sunday, March 10, 2013

I Knocked The Weekend Out!

I absolutely adore the weekends (I mean, who doesn't??), and I am ecstatic when I get a lot accomplished.  Maybe it's because I have had some seriously unproductive weekends in recent weeks, but I just love the thought of getting stuff done.  I feel like I really got some big things out of the way this weekend.  I also had some very yummy adult beverages and spent time with friends, so it was a fun weekend all the way around!  Yay me!

Friday was a ridiculously crazy day at work, and I wound up having to stay late.  Boooo!  I finally got out of there, and met Hubs at home.  I got a big bear hug, which was much needed, and we went out for Chicago-style pizza at our favorite local pizzeria.  It was there that I was served this baby...



Yep, Pinot Grigio in a juice glass.  Classy stuff.  I was totally able to overlook the low-brow nature of this barware because it held much more than a typical wine glass.  I cannot, in my right mind, bitch about having more wine than usual, can you??  This wine was delicious and cheap, a delectable double whammy.  After dinner, Hubs and I came home, where he promptly went to bed (the poor dear wasn't feeling well) and I stayed up watching bad reality tv and balancing my checkbook.  I know, I know, a night of insane proportions!  I also tried this guy while I was monitoring my finances, which made the whole experience a little bit better...


I love regular Angry Orchard cider, but this Elderflower version was AMAZING!!  I have to buy more of this, stat.

On Saturday, my mister and I slept in super late and finally woke up to make breakfast tacos and pumpkin streusel toast.  Mmmmm!  We puttered around the house, then I FINALLY got my taxes done!!  I felt like I slayed a dragon by finally getting this off my plate.  Hubs worked on laundry, the way a good little house frou does, and I cleaned up the house.  We then rewarded ourselves with a night out with some of our best pals.  We hit up Tampa Bay Brewing Company for some tasty brews and gluttonous, fattening food.  The highlight of my night was seeing this girl...


That's me and my awesome friend Jessie.  We always have the best time together!  The boys were all hanging out together so we had plenty of time to catch up on our own stuff... and gossip.  So. Much. Fun.  After we got out of there, Hubs and I stopped for Shamrock shakes on our way home, just to make the evening even more unhealthy (completely unnecessary, but worth it).  After we got home, Hubs went to bed and I stayed up to do some late night phone talking with my sister and watch SNL, because Justin Timberlake was hosting and I was NOT going to miss it!!  The episode was "faboosh" and I wished it could have gone on for another hour, since JT is super cute and hilarious.

Sunday morning was a loss for me because I slept through most of it, in the way that only a childless person can.  My ability to sleep in is just one of the factors that has me putting off starting a family.  I just love my sleep that much!  Anyway, after lunch, Hubs finished all of our laundry, then I had to fold it and put it away, a task I hate.  Whatevs, it was over pretty quickly and now I don't need to worry about it.  I also got organized, paid bills, did my grocery shopping, did my menu planning, and talked to my family.  Check, check, check, check and check!  Tonight, Hubs and I ordered Chinese take-out and watched the Michigan State Spartans basketball game and the Philadelphia Flyers hockey game on tv.  It's been a lovely evening with my loving husband and my adorable pup, Bella.  We also finally broke open the bottle of Ommegang Three Philosophers Quadruple Belgian-style beer. 



It was very good, but man, was it ever strong!  Maybe I'm just getting soft in my old age and can't handle the strong stuff like I used to.  I really hope that's not the case!

Sadly, all good things must come to an end.  I'm gearing up to go back to work tomorrow, so I can work hard to get to next weekend.  Then I can have this kind of fun and accomplishment all over again.  I hope y'all have a great week ahead!!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Looks like a super fun weekend, those drinks look so good.

Nichole said...

Um, why do we not hang out more?! wine in a beer glass, angry orchard cider?! I'm jealous of your sleeping in!

Courtney said...

Angry Orchard is the bomb. try it in a chilled glass with a cinnamon and sugar trimmed rim. it to die for!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved