Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Best Weekend

I know I'm a tad bit late for posting a weekend recap post, but darn it, I've been busy lately!

This past weekend, Hubs and I took a little trip to Orlando to see my sister and brother-in-law, as well as my parents who were visiting too.  I love getting to see everyone together, since it doesn't really happen very often anymore.

We all converged upon O-Town for the most special of events:  The 3D ultrasound for my sister and brother-in-law's little girl!  It was truly awesome seeing her for the first time, and I was totally in love.  She finally looks like a real baby, complete with a cute little button nose, long fingers and long feet.  I hope she grows up to be tall, unlike the rest of her family!  She was a total wiggle worm, too, but that was probably due to my sister having had a Snickers bar and a Coke before we went for the viewing.  At one point, the baby decided to flip us the bird from the womb, proving that she is in fact part Moody and part Cook.  We even got a picture of it...


Yep, a distinct middle finger.  Pardon the fuzzy picture, it was literally snapped off the big screen tv in the room as this little gem was happening.  That poor little girl is going to hear about that for the rest of her life!

After the 3D ultrasound was complete, we headed off to Giordano's for Chicago-style pizza.  I missed this pizza SO much!!  The Tampa location was one of our favorites until it closed down last year.  Thankfully, Orlando still has one on International Drive, so we like to stop in when we visit.  On our way home, we took my mom to Wawa for her first mega-Wawa experience.  She thought it was great and we each grabbed one of their delicious muffins for a snack.  I got the Coffee Cake Muffin, and it was to die for!

In the afternoon, my mom, sister and I went out shopping for baby stuff and items for the baby shower I'll be hosting in a couple of weeks.  Can I just tell you how much I love Hobby Lobby??  They have EVERYTHING, and is a dream come true for crafters and home decorators.  My wallet is actually happy that there isn't one of these close to where I live in Tampa or else it would be in pain all.the.time.  Having a Michael's a mile away is bad enough!

We went out to dinner with my parents on Saturday night, and my mom took this cute picture of me and my hubby.


Why yes, that is a squirrel playing a banjo on top of a Marshall stack on my hubby's t-shirt.  I even bought it for him, even though I think it's weird.

On Sunday, Hubs and I ate some leftover pizza for breakfast (the real breakfast of champions!) and left Orlando.  The traffic sucked, but we made it back to Tampa safely.  I had to make a stop at Pottery Barn Kids for the quilt my sister needed for her baby bedding set (her store was out of them), and then I dropped Bella and all of our bags off at home.  We then headed back out to Land O' Lakes to go to a barbecue at our friends' house.  It was a great afternoon and evening with everyone, and before we left, I grabbed a picture with this girl...


That's Jessie with me, and she's such a great friend.  I will hopefully be seeing her again this coming weekend!

That was my weekend in a nutshell.  I'm so glad we managed to make the drives to see our family and friends this weekend, even though we were tired by the time we got home on Sunday night.  Fun times all around!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Looks like such a fun weekend :-)

Nichole said...

So for a hot minute I thought that was YOUR sono! Forgot your sis was pregnant. Oh man! Anyways looks like a great weekend!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved