Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Container Store Tampa

I consider myself a bit of a geek when it comes to organization.  I love color-coded file folders, stackable storage boxes and baskets of every kind.  I love to label things and find new ways to maximize my space.  This is especially important because I live in a home the size of a postage stamp, so everything has to be compact and efficient.

My inner organization nerd had a field day today when I attended a blogger-only preview event for the new Container Store that is going to open on Saturday, March 16 in Tampa.



Tampa will be the Container Store's 59th location, and has been the most requested new location on the company's Facebook page.  The Container Store is a mecca for anyone who loves unique storage solutions and fun kitchen and home office supplies.  I went to my first Container Store 13 years ago, and I've been hooked ever since.  I was crazy excited when I learned that Tampa was getting its very own Container Store, and over the moon that I was invited to this special preview!

The blogger preview event was such a treat and they really spoiled us!  We were treated to a great lunch by our local Puff 'n Stuff Catering, and given a detailed overview of the company's history and core values by a member of the marketing team.  We were also given these killer goodie bags filled to the brim with exciting gadgets and storage containers.  I was in seventh heaven!




Goodie bag aside, I was really impressed to hear that the Container Store has been in business since the 1970's and believes that happy employees = happy customers.  Their employees receive an unprecedented 263 hours of training, allowing them to exceed customers' expectations on product knowledge and customer service.  The Container Store truly has an employee-centric business model, which has led them to being named #16 on the latest Forbes 100 Best Places to Work list.  Their employees are not working on commission, so there are no hard-sells or high pressure tactics used.  The only emphasis is on helping customers achieve the best possible solutions for their homes.

The Container Store is 25,000 square feet of multi-functional fun, selling over 10,000 innovative products.  They have everything you can think of, from 45 types of laundry hampers to 700 office products to 80 styles of hangers.  It's a really impressive sight because no other retailer has a selection like this.

The store is hosting its grand opening on March 16 and 17, and they're are tons of reasons why you need to visit.  There will be prize giveaways every hour on the hour, including a $1000 elfa space makeover!  They are also giving $10 gift cards away to the first 100 people to check in on Facebook, which is pretty cool.  In addition, 10% of all opening weekend sales will be donated to the Junior League of Tampa, a wonderful local non-profit organization.  There are so many reasons to shop and enjoy the new store!

And you know how sometimes you're in a huge hurry and don't have time to browse around a HUGE store looking for a few key items?  Well, the Container Store offers their Click & Pickup service, where you can purchase items on their website, then pick them up at the store!  They even have specially designated parking spaces in front of the store (like those Curbside Carryout spaces at restaurants), and the store staff will bring the products out to your car!  How awesome is that?!  I will definitely be taking advantage of that service.

I bet you're dying to see the inside of this store by now.  Well I have pictures, of course!!

A sea of storage containers

A wall of hangers

elfa Closet Organization System

Garage Organization

Colorful Office Storage

Swoon-worthy File Folders

Colorful Food Storage Containers
I <3 kitchen="" supplies="">
I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!  So many ways to organize your home, all under one roof.  Don't walk, RUN to the Container Store this weekend to check out their opening weekend festivities!  The store is open 9am - 9pm Monday - Saturday and 11am to 6pm Sunday.

Many thanks to the wonderful team at the Container Store for the excellent preview today!  It made me want to reorganize my whole house!!

Happy Shopping!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

How fun, I can't wait to check it out!!!! :-)

Rae Clise said...

Wow, looks like my kind of store. Guess I'll have to talk your Uncle into a road trip.



My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved