Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend Recap

It's already Monday, and I'm back to reminiscing about a wonderful weekend with my husband.  We had a stressful February, between the unexpected travel, losing a parent, and last minute house guests.  Hubs and I got through it all, but we have felt like we need a break from life.  We don't have the extra funds for a vacation, so we just decided to make the most out of our weekends in March.

On Friday night, instead of staying in and partaking in my usual activity of balancing my checkbook and paying bills (crazy Friday night, I know!), I met up with the Tampa Bay Bloggers at Miguels for amazing Mexican food and margaritas.  It was just what the doctor ordered!  I'd had a rough day, so those margaritas totally hit the spot. 

On Saturday, Hubs and I took Bella for her spa day at the groomer, then we ran a few errands.  We wound up at Olive Garden for soup, salad and breadsticks, which both of us had been craving.  Plus, we had a gift card burning a hole in our pocket, so we took care of that right away!  We then went to pick Bella up and she looked SO CUTE!!  I love her when she's shaggy, but I also love her when she's got a fresh haircut. 

Hey there, pretty girl!

After we brought Bella home, we hung around the house for awhile, then I dragged Hubs to the mall so I could go on a shopping spree.  I had to get dresses for a couple of baby showers, as well as some shorts (hey, it's almost summer here in Florida!) and a couple of items for work.  It was a very successful shopping trip, but now I'm on a self-imposed shopping ban for the rest of March!  We followed it up with a trip to Chili's for more margaritas (I was on a roll this weekend).  It was such a great day!

On Sunday, Hubs and I slept super late and had a nice, lazy day.  In the afternoon, we met up with the Michigan State Alumni Club of Tampa Bay to watch my Spartans take on the University of Michigan Wolverines in basketball.  I had a feeling the Wolverines would be back with a vengance after the major hurt we put on the last month, and miraculously, we only lost by 1 point.  It was a great game, despite my Spartans being a little bit sloppy.  I met some really fun alums at the event, and even won a prize.



It's a Mateen Cleaves bobblehead (he was a central figure on our national championship team from when I was in school there), a lanyard, a pack of Spartans trading cards (not useful), a paper coaster and a MicroClean cell phone wipe.  I was just excited to finally win something at one of these events!

On Sunday night, Hubs and I ordered a pizza and watched The Walking Dead in the comfort of our living room.  It was an awesome evening at home snuggling with a cute boy and Bella, and the perfect close to the weekend.

I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!!

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved