Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April POPSUGAR Must Have Box

Yesterday, I received a knock-knock on my front door, and I saw the mail man scurry away to his waiting chariot (or white mail truck, if you prefer).  I wasn't expecting a package, I thought.  I peeked out my door and noticed a white box on my porch--it was my POPSUGAR Must Have box!  I don't know why I thought that it wasn't time to receive it yet.  I guess the days are getting away from me now that I'm not working.

I got a little rush of excitement, until I picked up the box.  Once it was in my hot little hands, I was struck by how light the box was.  It definitely didn't feel as hefty as the usual Must Have boxes, so I was anxious to tear into the package and see what was inside.  Or wasn't inside.

This is what I found...



I quickly discovered why the package was so light.  There wasn't much in it, and what was in it was small.  Hmph.  At first glance, I couldn't believe this package was worth at least $100, as POPSUGAR claims, but I was sure it was worth more than the $35 I spent on the box.

Here's a run-down of the contents in this month's box...

Shashi New Nugget Bracelet ($28)
Tatcha Petal Fresh Evening Aburatorigami Beauty Papers ($19)
Kai Perfume Oil Rollerball ($48)
Alter Eco Organic Dark Chocolate Quinoa Bar ($3.49)
The Green Garmento Four-in-One Reusable Dry Cleaning Bag ($9.99)

Total Value:  $108.48

Wellllll, I guess it's worth more than $100 when you calculate actual retail values, but it just doesn't look like much, especially compared to previous months.  I bet the ladies on the message boards and subscription obsession blogs are going to have a freaking field day with this one!  I'm sure you can hear the collective boom of all of them dropping their POPSUGAR Must Have subscriptions in unison.

Here are my thoughts (you can always count on me for that!).  I actually LOVE the Kai perfume rollerball because I'm REALLY into floral fragrances.  If you don't like flowery scenty, this isn't for you and you'll probably think it stinks.  You know, those women who hate the smell of flowers.  I like it and I'll be using it, but I doubt I'd ever drop $48 on a rollerball that is this small.

See?  It's pretty tiny.

The Tatcha evening facial blotting papers are fine, but again, I'd never spend $19 on them.  They are in a "clutch-sized" package, perfect for taking with you for a night on the town.  I have a bunch of Boscia and Clean & Clear blotting papers that do just as good of a job but for a smaller price.

The bracelet is cute and I *might* spend $28 on it, if I was in the market for such a thing.  I only have a handful of bracelets because I just don't wear them very much, but this is cute and I dig the turquoise and gold.  Apparently the gold beads are plated in 24K gold, so they can justify the price tag.



The Alter Eco quinoa chocolate bar sounded kind of gross, but it was surprisingly tasty.  Think of it as a dark chocolate Nestle's Crunch bar, all crispy but not too sweet.

The Green Garmento bag was probably my least favorite item in the box.  This item was featured on the ABC series, Shark Tank, and is being used by individual consumers and dry cleaners to reduce waste.  Honestly, I don't have much need for a reusable fabric bag that pulls quadruple duty as a laundry bag, reusable dry cleaning bag, duffle bag and garment bag.  I'll probably store some old jackets in this and stuff it in the back of my closet.

Overall, I like some of the elements of this box, but it just feels cheaper than usual.  POPSUGAR can and has done better, but I'm sticking with them.  I was thrilled at last month's box and hope that some of the upcoming summer boxes will be winners.

What did you think of your POPSUGAR box this month?

1 comment:

Heather (My Little HEA) said...

Unfortunately I gave them three strikes and had to drop them :( I wasn't impressed with this month or last month's box for $35+ Shipping. I'm going to give a different box a try, but now that I've dropped it I just know they're going to be awesome.


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved