Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Big News and a Trip to O-Town

Hola chicas!  I hope you all are enjoying this fine spring day.  The weather here in Florida is warm, the sun is shining, the birdies are chirping, my gardenia bush is blooming, and it all just screams "gorgeous".

A few wonderful things have happened over the past few days, and I MUST tell you about them!

At the end of last week, I had several interviews for a job that I desperately wanted.  The position would be working with my former boss and former VP, and it is a completely different industry than my previous employer.  After two interviews on Wednesday, I was invited to lunch with the VP of Human Resources on Friday.  It was supposed to be a one hour casual interview over lunch, but it was actually an hour and 45 minutes of stress!  The man, who was very nice, grilled me on my human resources knowledge and I could barely choke down my lunch.  Worse yet, he had the worlds greatest poker face, so I couldn't even tell if he liked what I was saying!   Two hours later, I received a phone call from my former boss offering me the job!  I won't start until early May, so it gives me a couple of weeks to relax and have fun before starting the new job.  As you can imagine, I was elated and tearfully called Hubs and my family to tell them the good news!  Needless to say, they were all happy for me, too.

I had already planned to visit my sister and brother-in-law in Orlando this past weekend, so I quickly (and haphazardly) packed the car and bolted off to O-Town.  After I arrived, the three of us went to the Shipyard Emporium (Shipyard Brewery's brew pub) for their killer happy hour specials and delish foodstuffs.  It was such a fun night and I loved getting to hang out with my family.  I would have loved to go out to the bar after dinner, but now that my sister is seven months pregnant, she feels like it would look inappropriate to be chilling in a bar with her Diet Coke while my brother-in-law and I booze it up.  We settled for drinking some beer back at the house.

On Saturday, my sister and I got up early and went to breakfast, then hit the outlet mall for some retail therapy.  I needed some clothes for my new job (which has a much more professional dress code than my last employer), and my sister needed baby clothes.  We did great shopping for both of us, and I also managed to snag some sneakers and cute accessories along the way.

Cute Cheap-o Accessories

New Kicks

You don't really want to see the work clothes I bought, do you?  I didn't think so.  They're boring.

After we took on the outlet mall, my sister and I stopped for lunch at BJ's Brewhouse, then went to Buy Buy Baby to purchase, you guessed it, more baby stuff.  For dinner, we pried my brother-in-law away from the TV (he was glued to The Masters, as were all serious golf enthusiasts that day) and went to Tibby's New Orleans Kitchen for dinner.  Tibby's is owened by the company that owns Tijuana Flats, and it's a test for a new restaurant concept.  It was seriously delicious!!  There were hardly any veggies on the menu, but aside from that, the food was yummy and I can't wait to go again next time I visit Orlando.  I had a beer, which was served in a goblet that weighed about 5 lbs.  It reminded me of drinking a margarita, but it was really just a Miller Lite.  At least my right bicep got a workout lifting that big boy!


Before we left, we decided to split the small order of beignets, and they were THEBOMB.COM!   They were served piping hot and covered in a snowfall of powdered sugar.  I could have eaten 3 more, but I'm glad I stuck to one.  One was perfect.



On Saturday night, after our amazing dinner, my sister and I stayed up until an asinine hour gabbing away and watching late night TV.  I really loving having sister time like that and it makes me wish I lived closer so we could do it more often.

Sunday morning we slept in, then went to get pedicures at a place with highly questionable pedi practices.  My toes were sore for two hours afterward, and the polish was sloppily applied.  Let's just say that we won't be going back there ever again.  We hit Target for more baby shopping, and got some Wawa hoagies for lunch.  I finally had to head back home to Tampa to see my hubby, and I was really missing him!

When I got back home, I was greeted by this...


Hubs bought me a balloon, flowers and champagne to celebrate my new job, and he took me to Seasons 52 for dinner that night.  What can I say, he's a wonderful guy!  He has seen how hard I've worked at trying to find a new job, so he knows more than anyone how much this means to me.

It was a lovely weekend and I loved that I had such a wonderful time celebrating my new job with those closest to me.  I really do feel blessed to have this great of a family.

I hope you ladies had a wonderful weekend!  I hope your week ahead is awesome!

3 comments:

Lauren Tice said...

Congrats on the new job, how exciting!!!! :-)

Nichole said...

Yay!!! Congrats, chickie! I DO believe we need a proper happy hour to celebrate!

Heather (My Little HEA) said...

Congrats on the job!!! What a wonderful surprise to come home to and OMG I love stopping by the outlets in Orlando :) It's a must if I've made the trek, lol.


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved