Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Fun & Games

As I've mentioned, I've been out of work for the past month, and I'll be starting my awesome new job next week.  While it's been super fabulous to have some time off work, I've been home A LOT and my cabin fever was running at an all-time high last week.  I was dying to get out and do, well, anything, and I was going to drag Hubs along with me if it was the last thing I did.  

On Thursday night, we finally decided to check out Flicks & Food Trucks in the Channelside district of Tampa.  It's a fun event that happens the third Thursday of each month, and features 10-12 food trucks and local, independent short films shown outdoors in a courtyard.  One of the food trucks that attends the event is the C&S Brisket Bus, which I've been dying to try.  My brother-in-law once worked with the guys who run that truck, and I heard that their sandwiches would blow my mind.  



I tried this bad boy, the Black and Blue sandwich, and it was the most delectable sandwich I've EVER eaten.  It had beef brisket, fresh veggies, hot sauce and a ton of their signature blue cheese garlic mayo.  Noms.  The weather was also perfect, so we had fun dining al fresco and sampling food from various food trucks.  It was a great date night, but it would also be fun to do with my girlfriends.  I will definitely be going to Flicks & Food Trucks again!

On Friday night, Hubs and I stayed in an enjoyed pulled pork that I whipped up in the crock pot.  It was delish, and Friday was my evening of rest before the weekend of fun began.  

On Saturday, I had a Junior Women's Club event to attend, where I worked in the silent auction room at the Women's Club's annual fashion show and luncheon.  I was out of there really fast (and fulfilled my final club event of the year!).  Can I just say how glad I am to have discovered this club and FABULOUS group of girls?!  I've had a blast getting to know them, and seriously, they couldn't be nicer or more welcoming.  I've even introduced some of them to Birchbox and Ipsy!  They're just wonderful people to know and enjoy some fun times with while helping the community.

After my afternoon of fun, I came home to hang with Hubs, then we met our friends for a triple date at the Cigar City Brew Pub.  This was my first visit to CCBP, and it was so stinking awesome!  I ordered the Cuban Sandwich and Hubs and I split the cheese and charcuterie plate, and all of it was incredible.  I also tried two new beers there, so I'd call that a successful dinner out.



On Sunday, Hubs and I enjoyed our normal no-kids ritual of sleeping in, then making breakfast and puttering around the house, and it was lovely.  Simply lovely.  I made pulled pork barbecue nachos for dinner (which were also ridiculously good) and we went out to the Tampa Bay Lightning Hockey game in the evening.  We've only been to one other hockey game this season, and I was dying to get to one more game this year.  Well, let me be honest here.  I really just wanted to see some more hockey fights.  Gimme a fast moving game with some bloodshed and I'll be a happy camper!  The game was pretty good, but the Lightning lost by one point and there were just a couple of little fights, nothing major.  Oh well.  

After my fun weekend came to an end, I had to get back to reality.  I had to go to do my pre-employment physical, which was actually kind of a joke.  Can you bend over and touch your toes?  Do you have peripheral vision?  Are you free of communicable diseases?  Sweet, then you pass!  It feels divine knowing that I'm one step closer to my new job.

What a wonderful weekend and start to the new week!!  This is my last week of freedom until I'm back to the working world and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it!

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved