Friday, April 26, 2013

Hand Soap Snob

I fully admit that I love a good hand soap, and would even consider myself a bit of a hand soap snob.  I've tried just about every hand soap out there, and I've fallen in love with certain brands.  Some I love because of their scents, some I love because of the lather, and others I love because they make my hands super soft.  I know what I like when it comes to hand soap, and I don't mind spending more to get what I want.

For years, my top three hand soaps have been Bath and Body Works (foam or deep cleansing), Molton Brown and Method.  Molton Brown has white mulberry and rose scents that I can't get enough of, and they leave my hands feeling oh so soft.  They are the most pricey of my faves, but I like to think of it as a fun treat when I feel like splurging.  Method's scents are awesome and I love their modern packaging.  Their formulas are gentle and not drying (yay!), and I love the company's mission to be good to the environment.  Bath and Body Works foam and deep cleansing hand washes are the soaps I buy the most often, and I love so many of their scents and the way their products lather.  Lots of lather = Lots of love from yours truly.  Even though I absolutely adore these brands of hand soap, I'm always on the lookout for new favorites.

Enter Lysol Touch of Foam.  Recently, BzzAgent sent me a bottle of Lysol Touch of Foam antibacterial hand wash to try and share my opinions on.  I wasn't sure I was going to blog about it, but after trying it, I thought it would be fun to share.  Even though I received this product for free, my opinions are 100% my own, as always.



I was skeptical at first about trying a hand soap from Lysol because I always associated their products with being harsh.  My first use of Lysol Touch of Foam made me realize that Lysol can no longer be characterized across the board as harsh, because this hand soap was very gentle on my skin.  The formula didn't dry out my sensitive hands, and even my husband commented that he liked how soft his skin felt after using it.  Since he's a hard man to please when it comes to things like soap and hand cream, this was a big compliment.  Score one for Lysol!

I received the Creamy Vanilla Orchid scent, which was actually quite pleasant.  This product also comes in Rose & Cherry In Bloom and Wild Berry Bliss fragrances.  I also liked the antimicrobial pump because you never know what germs could be lurking on it the pump, especially in the kitchen.  Any antimicrobial action is fine by me.

My one complaint about this product was it's claim of being a drip-free foam.  I did the drip test, when I pumped the soap into my hand and turned my hand upside down (kind like how Dairy Queen demonstrates the thickness of their ice cream by turning the cone or cup upside down).  I tried it once and the foam stayed put for a good 15 seconds.  Not bad.  Each time I tried it thereafter, though, the soap dripped right off my hand and into the sink within a couple of seconds.  While the foam is thick and will keep it's shape for a moment, it's not drip-free.

Here's the soap hanging on during my first drip test

Despite the issue with dripping, I really liked this soap.  This little hand soap snob will definitely buy this soap in the future.  I believe it retails for around $3.39 right now, and it widely available in most major stores.  If you're interested in trying a new hand soap, check this one out!

Many thanks to BzzAgent for sending me this great product to try!

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved