Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My New Job Is...

I started my new job this week, y'all!  Yesterday was my first day, and I was sooo incredibly nervous as I drove into work.  I prayed that I would like everyone, that they'd like me and that I would feel like part of the team quickly.  I chugged some of coffee, ate a protein bar and gave myself a pep talk.  I can do this.  I'm good at my job.  This is the job I deserve.

When I arrived in the HR office, I was greeted warmly by two of the HR Assistants, and shown to my office.  It was there that I saw my "new" (former) boss, Steve, and my former VP, David, who gave me a big hug and told me how glad everyone was that I was there.  I let out an audible sigh of relief.  I was thrilled to be there and working with Steve and David again was just icing on the cake!

My first day was not without some hiccups, though.  My computer didn't show up, Steve and David spent most of the day in meetings and my other meet & greets were quick.  I spent a lot of time in my new office cleaning the desks and getting things organized, which was actually not a bad thing.  Oh, and at lunch, I dropped some rice on my shirt leaving a little stain.  Of course.  But you know what?  It was a great day.  I was back to work and happy to be productive again.

Day Two at my new job was also pretty awesome.  I finally got my technology hooked up, and my boss and I started talking more specifically about the organization and people.  I learned about the computer systems and read the employee handbook cover-to-cover (no, that wasn't a highlight, I'm not that big of a geek!).  Even after my second day, I have a wonderful feeling about this place!

I have thought long and hard about this new job, and what it means to be.  Besides the blanket answer of "everything", I've come up with a little list.

My new job is...

A brilliant excuse to go shopping (even if it is for work clothes and accessories)

A chance to reconnect with my two favorite former bosses EVER

An opportunity to meet new friends

An opportunity to have a big office again

An opportunity to get hooked up with work-appropriate tools (a laptop, a wireless card and a Blackberry)

A bigger paycheck (never hurts!)

A chance to work near some of my closest friends, so I will always have people to meet for lunch

A chance to feel good about the work I'm doing again

An opportunity to manage people

An opportunity to work for an organization that serves the community in a vital way

A chance to do the types of work that I really care about

One that gives me excellent benefits and tons of vacation time (thank you, healthcare industry!)


All good things!!  I'm feeling blessed right now, and I'm looking forward to seeing what tomorrow brings.  I just know that this is the right opportunity for me, and it couldn't have come at a better time.  Sometimes life is uncertain, but things always look up and make me feel thankful for the opportunities I have.  I'm a very happy Kari today!


3 comments:

Lauren said...

Congrats! Sounds like such a wonderful opportunity for you :-)

Heather (My Little HEA) said...

So glad to hear your first couple of days went well! Congrats girl!!!

Kelsey said...

That's awesome that you have a new job that you like!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved