Monday, May 27, 2013

May POPSUGAR Must Have Box

POPSUGAR's Must Have box is one of my favorite subscription services.  I love that it includes a slew of lifestyle products, not just cosmetics and beauty like Ipsy and Birchbox.  I've discovered some ah-mazing products through this service, like the Bodum mugs, a couple of books, the exercise ball and the Corkatoo corkscrew.  These are fun things I would have never come across had it not been for this box.

If you're unfamiliar with POPSUGAR's Must Have box, I strongly urge you to go to their website and check them out.  The cost is $35 per month, and you are guaranteed to get over $100 worth of products in the box each month.  I've loved most of the items I've received, which is saying something because I'm normally pretty picky.

Let's talk about this month's boxy-box.


Kooringal Giselle Mid Brim Hat ($27.99)
The Modern Cocktail's Modern Margarita Mixes ($9.99)
The Original Beautyblender and Blendercleanser ($29.90)
Pacifica Color Quench Lip Tint in Guava Berry ($9.00)
Questions I Ask When I Want To Talk About Myself Deck by Mindy Kaling ($14.95)
Way Better Snacks Sweet Chili Chips ($2.98)
Charm and Chain Gift Card ($30.00)
POPSUGAR Reusable Tote Bag ($1.00)

Total Value: $125.81

This month's box was perfect for me.  I LOVE a good margarita, so the mixes will definitely get used, and the sun hat is perfect for a day at the beach here in sunny Florida.  I am so glad I got the black hat (other people got gray) because it matches all of my bathing suits.

I liked the two beauty products in this month's box, especially the Pacifica tinted lip balm.  The color is gorgeous (a pretty berry shade) against my fair skin and it stays on my lips for a long time.  Big pluses in my book.  I have always wanted to try a Beautyblender, but the nearly $20 price tag was too high for me (for a makeup sponge).  Now I have the opportunity to try it!

The Mindy Kaling conversation cards were an awesome surprise, since I'm a HUGE fan of Mindy and her TV show, The Mindy Project!  I had no idea these cards even existed, so I was stoked to see them appear in my box.  I may or may not have squealed in delight when I saw them.  They're hilarious, too.  My sister and I used them one night on the phone and they inspired lots of giggling and girl chat.

I used the Charm and Chain gift card immediately and bought a pair of silver Gorjana stud earrings.  I'm still waiting for them to get here, so I don't have a picture yet.  

The sweet chili chips and reusable tote bag were nice additions, but I haven't tried the chips yet and I already threw the bag away.  It's an unusual, small-ish size and I didn't really need it.

The Verdict:  This was a fun box and offered a good variety of products to get me in the mood for summer.  I read a thread on MakeupTalk.com recently, and someone said that if you don't like this box, there's no box that will ever make you happy.  There may be some truth in those words, because this month's box really ticked all of the boxes for me.  

Naturally, I'm going to keep subscribing.  It's still worth the money I'm spending and I look forward to receiving this puppy every month, so I have no reason to give up on it.  I am already excited to see what will be coming in the June box!

What did you think of this month's products?
If you get the POPSUGAR box, what was your favorite product?

1 comment:

Heather (My Little HEA) said...

Since I unsubscribed, I knew this box would be awesome! I totally would have LOVED at least two of those things and been excited to try more. Oh well...you win some you lose some and I just couldn't verify it for what I was not using in every other box I received.


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved