Monday, June 24, 2013

Becoming Aunt Kari

Life is chock full of major milestones, shaping who you are as a person and giving you a sense of purpose along this merry road called life.  One of the major milestones I met this past week was becoming an Aunt.  YAY!!  It finally happened!

My twin sister gave birth to my niece, Elise Marie, on June 20th.  She weighed in at 8 lbs 9 oz, and she was 21 inches long.  She is just perfect and sweet.  She rarely cries and she she's a hard sleeper, just like her Aunt Kari.  I'm totally in love!



Seriously, how could you not love that little face?!?!  Even though I'm a novice with babies (that's a nice way of saying I haven't held a baby since I was in high school), my sister let me hold her, feed her and burp her.  I was surprised at how much I liked it!  I know I've mentioned that I've had baby fever lately, but little Elise has really kicked it into high gear.

After being with Elise and seeing my sister and brother-in-law over-the-moon happy, Hubs and I agreed that we were ready for that to be us.  So, we decided not to put off buying a house any longer.  I contacted our Realtor on Sunday night, and we officially started our new house search today!!  We are so excited about entering the next chapter of our married life.  

I'm in such a great place right now, and I'm thrilled that everything is going so well.  I'm loving my new job, I've got a new house on the horizon and I've got a new niece.  Pretty awesome.  Pretty awesome indeed.

2 comments:

ashleypalmer625 said...

She is beautiful, Aunt Kari! Congrats on starting your house search- good luck :)

Lauren said...

She's so adorable!!!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved