Wednesday, June 26, 2013

June Ipsy vs. Birchbox

It's that time again, friends.  Time to compare June's Birchbox and Ipsy bag!  This was a so-so month for both Birchbox and Ipsy.  Both had a few items I liked and items that disappointed me.

 Let's start with Ipsy...


Cailyn Line-Fix Gel Eyeliner in Purple ($21.00)
J.Cat Sparkling Cream Palette in Volta ($4.49)
Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter ($18.00)
Starlooks Lip Liner in Bare ($12.00)
Nyx Blush in Spice ($6.00)

Total Value:  $61.49

This bag really brought a big value this month, considering that it only costs $10.00 per month.  I actually liked most of the items in this bag, but I really hated the glitter palette.  First off, the glitter palette looks like eye shadow, right?  Wrong.  It's actually body glitter.  Yes, that's right, body glitter!  In a bag aimed at adult women.  I don't know any adult women who wear body glitter, unless you're maybe talking to some club rat or drag queen.  Ipsy really missed the mark on this one.  My favorite product in the bag was the Chella highlighter, which works great under the arch of my eyebrows.  I also like the purple eyeliner, which goes on  smoothly and evenly.  The blush is a tad dark for my fair skin tone, but it might work once I get a tan this summer.  The lip liner is a nice neutral shade, so I have no complaints there.  Overall, pretty darn good.

Next up, Birchbox...


Color Club Wanderlust Collection Nail Polish in London Calling
Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser
LAQA & CO Lil' Lip Crayon
100% Pure Body Cream in Coconut and Vanilla Bean
Coola Classic Face SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face

I'm not gonna lie, I'm just underwhelmed by this box.  It was a $10.00 box, and I might have gotten that much value out of it.  The lip crayon looks gross on me (definitely not my color), and the body cream samples smell nice but are so tiny that they barely moisturized one arm.  I already own a full-size Suki cleanser, so this little sample will only get used while I'm traveling.  The Coola moisturizer would be fine for someone, but I'm one of those rare people that strongly dislikes the scent of cucumber, making this product a no-go.  I'll give this to my sister, who is apparently less of a scent fuss-budget than I am.  The mint nail polish is cute, so I will probably use it on my toes next time I get a pedi.  Overall, there's no wow factor in this month's box.

This month, the winner is Ipsy!  Ipsy has been pulling in better products in recent months, so I'm finding that they're becoming a regular favorite.  For $10.00/month, I'll take the box worth $60 over the box worth $10 any day.

Do you get subscription boxes?  Which one do you like most?

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved