Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Oh Happy Day!

Friends, today marks my husband and I's second wedding anniversary!  I'm so thrilled about it that I just want to shout it from the rooftops.  Two years of smiles and wedded bliss.  Two years of happy times and lasting memories.  Two years of becoming even more comfortable with each other than we ever knew we could be.  Marriage has been a beautiful thing!

Our wedding in Michigan two years ago was everything I wanted it to be, and we had such an amazing time.





Our wedding was a huge moment in Hubs and I's lives, but it was really just the start of a lifetime together.  I know that I've found the perfect person for me.  He accepts me for who I am, he doesn't judge me, and he respects me.  He thinks I'm pretty, even on days when I feel my ugliest.  This is surely the sign of true love.

We rarely argue with each other, and that's mostly because neither one of us wants to argue.  We're lovers, not fighters.  And being with Hubs is EASY.  I remember when I was single, I said to a friend of mine, "I'm only going to be in a relationship if it's as easy as being single."  When I met Hubs, that's just how it was.  Everything flowed easily and it didn't feel like work.  When we moved in together two months after getting engaged, things stayed easy.  And after we got married, things were still easy.  Even two years later, nothing has changed.  I realize that someday, things will get harder, particularly when we have kids, but I'm ready for that because we're starting with a rock-solid foundation.

That's not to say that Hubs and I have never argued.  We're human, after all, so a little bickering happens.  We have had some disagreements, but none of them escalated to being full-blown fights.  We've argued over why Hubs REFUSED to root for the Red Wings in the year they went to the Stanley Cup Finals (yes, really...), over my family calling at inconvenient times, and a couple of other things that were just silly in retrospect.  Major things have never caused a rift between us because we're so in sync.

For our anniversary tonight, Hubs brought home two dozen roses for me (yay!) and we went out to dinner at Maggiano's.  Nothing fancy, but we don't really need fancy.  We just need a quiet place with good food and we're set.

My pretties

This was a sweet night for both of us.  While we didn't go nuts for our anniversary this year, it was still perfect because we were together.  No frills, no fuss.  Just me and my buddy.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary!

Nichole said...

Happy Anniversary!

Heather (My Little HEA) said...

Awe, yay! I want an easy love...that's my kind of love story. Shouldn't feel like too much work!

The Cavallaro's said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved