Wednesday, July 17, 2013

FabFitFun VIP Summer Box

Okay, I have to confess.  I've been getting one more subscription box.  It's kind of a sickness, really, and I've committed to paring back my subscription boxes once Hubs and I buy a new house.  I heard about Guiliana Rancic's new FabFitFun VIP box several months ago, and it sounded amazing.  The blogger preview boxes had great items and it looked like a hell of a value.  It costs $50 and new boxes come out once every three months.  The cost is a little steep for me, to be honest, but I thought I'd try it once and see how I liked it.  Plus, the preview boxes they sent to a number of well-known bloggers were so impressive!

I received my Spring box in April, and was not thrilled with it.  Several of the items from the blogger preview boxes weren't in my box, and instead I got some extra ugly jewelry.  I stepped out of my comfort zone and emailed FabFitFun's customer service to express my disappointment.  I seriously hate complaining, but I just felt compelled to tell them about my experience.  They immediately offered me a free Summer box for my trouble.  I mean, how could I pass up a free box??  So I agreed, and I just got my Summer box this past week.

This box was far better than the previous box, and I think they're learning that habitual subscription box addicts subscribers are a picky sort.  We expect great value and consistency, as well as the opportunity for new discoveries.  I was really impressed by the overall value of the box, which has a combined product value of over $250.  Most of the products in the box were full-size, and the travel sized items were still pretty generous.

Here's what I got...


Pur-lisse Pur-delicate Face Wash -  Full size ($36.00)
Ivory + Mason Wesley Sunglasses ($135.00)
It Haircare Surf Spray - Full size ($6.99)
Evian Mineral Water Spray - Full size ($12.00)
Infinity Sun Glow on the Go Sunless Tanning Spray - Travel size ($35.00)
Catalina Su Lipgloss - Full size ($14.00)
Orly Nail Polish - Full size ($8.00)
Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Hypoallergenic Facial Towelettes - Travel size ($2.99)
Kind Nuts & Spices Maple Glazed Pecan & Sea Salt ($1.39)

Total Value:  $251.37

I actually haven't tried a few of these products yet, but I really like the ones that I have.  The Evian mineral water spray is incredibly refreshing, and far more useful than I had initially anticipated.  I also liked the Yes to Cucumbers facial towelettes, which is surprising because I normally don't like the scent of cucumber.  The sunnies are cute, but Hubs says they don't flatter my face.  Color me disappointed!  I'll probably hang on to them for trips to the beach.  I hate taking my expensive sunglasses there because things always seem to get lost, broken or covered in sunscreen during beach outings.

I'm excited about trying the Pur-lisse face wash because the reviews online gush about how fabulous it is.  The granola bar is coming to work in my lunch next week, I'll be trying out the lip gloss and surf spray as part of my weekly beauty routine.  I'm not sure I'll be trying the sunless tanning spray or the Orly nail polish. I hear Orly polishes are good, but neon orange isn't a shade that I'm anxious to wear.  

Hopefully the next box will be just as good.  If you want to give the quarterly FabFitFun VIP box a try, use my referral code to sign up!  The code is 712393, and you'll get $10 off your first box if you sign up before August 11th.

2 comments:

Heather (My Little HEA) said...

You're right, $50 bucks is too steep for me. I had a hard enough time with the $35, lol. I love those wipes, they're my go to lazy face wipes! The grapefruit scented ones are refreshing too!

Nichole said...

Mannnn, you make me want to subscribe to all of these boxes! LOL


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved