Thursday, July 25, 2013

Home Sweet Home (Almost)

I haven't been a good blogger lately.  I haven't had the time to spend on writing creative posts, despite tons of ideas floating around in my noggin.  I have found some time to blog about a few things I really love (subs, beauty products and my dog, mainly), but there are sooooo many more things that I want to get out here.  I just desperately want to get back to the meat and potatoes of blogging and documenting all of the great ideas that have been coming to me over the past couple of months.  I'll get back there, eventually.

The major thing that has taken me away from blogging lately is Hubs and I's search for a new house.  We FINALLY decided to look for a house after living in my teeny tiny condo for three years.  I've actually lived here for 8 years, and it's been a good little place for me until I got married.  We simply can't do this cramped style of living anymore, and frankly, moving into a bigger house is long overdue.

After looking for about a month and seeing TONS of duds, Hubs and I finally found a house that we can see ourselves living in.  It's in our desired neighborhood, but literally at the tip top of our budget.  I discovered that that's what its going to take to get the kind of house we want in the neighborhood we want.

Here's a first look at our future casa...


Ta-da!  It's a very typical newer Florida house style, but it's twice the square footage of our condo.  We are going to be spoiled by all of the space!  The yard has been maintained very well, and includes pineapple plants and banana trees.  We love how bright and sunny the house is, we adore the vaulted ceilings in every room and the split floor plan is going to be perfect for us.  Yay, yay, and yay!

There are some downsides, though.  The current owners were very paint-happy, and they've painted nearly every surface some crazy-ass color.  And not just walls.  We're talking doors, trim, hinges and baseboards, too.  Holy cripes, some parts of that house are so ugly, due entirely to poor paint color choices by the current owners.  We'll be investing in a full-house paint job before we even move in.  We are also going to be updating a lot of the light fixtures in the house, as well as the flooring.  Thankfully, we have some money to put into making improvements, but some more expensive projects will have to be put off for awhile.  I'm okay with that, though, because I know we'll be living in this house for a long time.  I will definitely be posting before and after pictures for you all to see!

We'll close on the house on August 29th, and then the real craziness begins.  August and September are going to be whirlwind months for us, but I've never been so excited to take on this type of stress.  I just know the house's transformation will be amazing and we can't wait to make it our own.  I could bask in this glow of happiness forever!

When you bought your house, what were the most exciting and stressful aspects?
Do you have any tips for making our move easier?

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Owning a home is soooo exciting, even if you have to do some painting, etc. you will love making it your own :-)

ashleypalmer625 said...

Congratulations, Kari! I love it!

Steph G said...

Congrats!!!! Home buying is very exciting!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved