Friday, August 9, 2013

Influenster Sunkissed Vox Box

As y'all know, I love getting surprises in the mail.  Back in July, I got a Influenster Sunkissed Vox Box in the mail and I was STOKED about the products.  Usually I'm on the fence about the things they've sent me, but this time I got some nice, useful stuff.  Here's a look at what was in this baby...


Item numero uno was the Dr. Scholl's For Hear High Heel Insoles.  I don't wear many high heels these days, but I tried them out with a moderate-height heel, and MAN, did they ever make my shoes comfy!  I really wish I'd had these for my wedding shoes.  The Foot Petals I used didn't hold a candle to the smooshy, gel-filled comfort of these insoles.  I highly recommend!

The second item was the Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream, and I was ridiculously excited to try this.  I almost bought this back in June when I was on a tear at CVS, but I refrained and used my Olay coupon on the exfoliating cleanser.  Anyway, I didn't expect much, but this really exceeded my expectations.  It's more of a tinted moisturizer with an SPF than a true Asian-style BB Cream, but I appreciated the lightness of the product and the subtle coverage.  It also stayed put all day and didn't cause me to break out.  Score and Score!!  I also recommend this if you're interested in trying a product with some coverage that doesn't feel as heavy as foundation.

The Goody Ribbon Hair Elastics were next, and I was skeptical about these.  I tried the Twistband brand of ribbon hair elastics and was really disappointed in how over-stretched they became after a single wear.  The Goody version holds up better, but still gets more stretched out than I'd like.  When they get stretched out, they don't hold my hair as tight and I end up fussing with my ponytail all day.  Boooo to that.  The nice thing about them is that they don't leave as big of a dent in my hair as a traditional hair elastic, but they still do leave a little dent.  Not perfect, but definitely an improvement over my old standby.

Finally, I got a Sinful Shine nail polish in Darkroom.  Darkroom = Black.  I don't know about you, but last time I checked I wasn't Carson Daly circa 1999.  I can't pull off black nail polish as part of my everyday ensemble.  I tried it out, though, just to be a good little reviewer, and the shine was GORGEOUS.  I'd love to try this polish in another color, because I have a feeling I'd like it more.

So that, my friends, is the Sunkissed Vox Box.  I'm smitten with a couple of these products and definitely see them becoming part of my regular routine.  

Many thanks to Influenster for sharing the Vox Box love!

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved