Monday, August 5, 2013

Latest Developments

Hi there, friends!!  I'm sorry that I've been MIA lately.  Life has just been nuts, and between work, friends, family, my dog and planning for our future, it's all been exhausting.  Exciting, but exhausting.

As you know, Hubs and I are in the process of buying our first house together.  So many things have happened in the past couple of weeks, and we're just trying to wrap our heads around it all.

One big development is with our condo.  We were planning to rent out our condo once we move to the house, but we've changed our minds. Neither of us really wants to be a landlord, and we just want to start a new chapter in our lives.  We've decided to sell the condo, as much as it saddens me to do it.  I have a strong emotional attachment to this little piece of the world because it was the first home that I bought all on my own and I've fixed it up to my exact specifications.  The thought of a renter tearing this place apart or mistreating it in any way makes me feel sick, especially since I'd be on the hook to fix anything they do my beloved home.  Soooo, I'd rather leave it completely behind me and allow a new owner to love it as much as I have.  Owners always treat their properties better than renters do anyway.  We'll be putting the condo up for sale next month after we are fully moved into our new abode, so I've got some time to let the whole thing sink in.

On top of the big condo decision, we also got the appraisal back on the new house and sent final documents to the mortgage company.  I also had one my BFFs, who works in insurance, write me our new homeowner's insurance policy, so that's yet another thing crossed off my long to-do list.  It feels great to be making steady progress, even if there are still a hundred things left to do!

Another big development is that my adorable niece, Elise, is now one month old.  I can't believe how much she's grown in the past month!  Two weekends ago, Hubs and I went to Orlando to visit this little lady, my twin sister and my brother-in-law, and we had such an amazing time.  Let's face it, I just needed some girl time with my two favorite chicas, and the trip made my heart happy.  Here are a few cute pictures of my little Ellie...





I love being an aunt and I can't wait until she gets older.  We're going to have a blast together!

Finally, in the biggest news of all, Hubs and I have decided to start trying for a baby!!  I'm scared of this, I really am, but I know I'm ready.  I know that this part could take awhile, so I'm going to be patient and let nature take its course.  Let's just say that baby Elise has both Hubs and I completely smitten, so much so that we want to give her a little cousin!

So yeah, lots of new developments here in the Carruolo house.  The future is looking amazing right now and I cannot be more thrilled about what's to come.

Cheers to new chapters and new beginnings!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Ahhhh happy baby making time :) I'm so excited for you guys!!


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved