Monday, November 25, 2013

Beauty Discovery: Lancome DreamTone Color Correcting Serum

Many of ya'll know that I've been a beauty junkie (or product whore, call it what you want) since I was roughly 11 years old, and I'm constantly on the hunt for new favorite products.  I believe in "holy grail" products, but I don't use that term lightly.  To be a "holy grail" product, the beauty product has to be so freaking amazing that I completely stop searching for alternatives.  For me, that's a very tall order, and very few products I've tried have made that cut.  SO, I'm still looking for the next permanent residents in my beauty regime.

For the past 6 months or so, I have been using face makeup sparingly, mostly because I've just been too tired in the mornings to fuss with it.  If I do use something, it's usually a BB cream that gives just enough coverage to even out my skin tone without looking like real "makeup".  It's been working out, but I love the ease and convenience of no face makeup at all.  The problem with no makeup is that my skin tone is a bit red and uneven, particularly around my nose and the corners of my mouth.  I always thought that I'd just have to suck it up and live with it if I was committed to going sans makeup.

I was recently offered an opportunity by SheSpeaks to try Lancome DreamTone Customized Skin Tone Correcting Serum, and I jumped at the chance.  I've loved many a Lancome color cosmetic product over the years, but haven't tried ANY of their skincare products.  It's high time, right?  PLUS, this had a chance at being a solution for my bare-skin redness/blotchiness issue.  I couldn't say no!



DreamTone is a unique product that claims to be the next generation of dark spot correction.  Lancome promises that this serum will correct dark spots and color imperfections, as well as even skin tone.  They say that 70% of testers saw a more even skin tone in 7 days, and 69% saw a reduction in the appearance of dark spots in 4 weeks.  I don't have dark spots, but the part about evening out skin tone had my attention.

After trying DreamTone for 4 weeks, I have no idea why I waited so darn long to try the Lancome skincare line.  DreamTone has been a wonderful treat for my skin!  I don't know why, but I didn't expect to see really noticeable results... and I did!  After 3 weeks, I saw a visible reduction of redness and splotchiness (it's a word in the Kari dictionary) in my pesky problem areas, I felt confident going out to work and on the town with friends without face makeup.  I used this product twice a day, in the morning before work and at night before bed, and I used Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer on top of it.  The only thing I didn't love about this product was the perfume-y scent, but it wasn't so bad that it stopped me from using it.  

So I bet you're wondering what I'm so excited about.  Here's my bare selfie after 4 weeks of using DreamTone...

#bareselfie

See?  Not completely perfect, but the tone is even and smooth, and it's a big improvement over my previous bare skin look.  Never mind that I could use a smear of lip gloss and some mascara here.  Not to mention a swipe or two of blush... but my skin tone is pretty darn even!  Being fair skinned, I'll take all of the help I can get at removing the rosiness that plagues those of my persuasion.  It's good enough to make me do a happy dance!

Overall, I was SO happy with the results!  I may have to give other Lancome skin care products a whirl in the future since this one worked out so well.  I look forward to continuing to use Lancome DreamTone and seeing even better results in the weeks to come.

Considering trying Lancome DreamTone?  It retails for $98.00 for a 1.3 oz. bottle.  It's pricey, I know, but it works!  Give it a try and let me know how much you love your improved skin tone!  

Want to learn more about Lancome products?  Check them out using the links below...


Lancôme on Twitter: @LancomeUSA 

SheSpeaks and Lancome provided me with this product to try for free, but my thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.  I received no other compensation or consideration for this honest review.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Oh wow! I need to find this!


My Photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved