Thursday, December 5, 2013

Rose Vox Box Review

Recently, Influenster bestowed up on me a Rose Vox Box and I was really impressed with the offerings this go-round.  Here's a view of the goods...


Clockwise from top left...
Kiss Gradation Nail Polishes
Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara
Dr. Scholl's For Her Cozy Cushions Insoles
belVita Crunchy Breakfast Biscuits - Cinnamon and Brown Sugar flavor
Lindt Lindor Truffle - Milk Chocolate flavor

I had a lot of fun with this box.  I loved the effect provided by the Kiss Gradation nail polishes, but I kind of made a mess when I attempted this 3-step technique on my own.  It's almost Kari-proof... almost.  Next time my personal manicurist (a.k.a. twin sister) comes to town, I'm going to have her apply this properly so I can show off my pretty holiday nails.

I'd never tried belVita products before I tried these breakfast biscuits, but they're pretty tasty!  After trying these, I bought a box of belVita Soft Baked Biscuits in Mixed Berry, which I've been nibbling on during my commute to work each morning.  They're also delish and full of fiber and wholesomeness.  

The Rimmel mascara was my favorite item in the box.  I hadn't used Rimmel mascara before, nor have I heard anything about their mascaras.  I tried this about a month ago when my sister came to town, and I was really impressed!  It has a big fluffy, hourglass-shaped brush, and a formula that was neither too wet nor too dry.  It also lengthened and separated my lashes while coating them in the blackest, shiniest formula that came off easily with oil-free makeup remover.  Such a win!  For the $5.99 price tag, it's a great product!  I've actually opted to use this mascara over my tried and true Benefit and L'Oreal mascaras recently, so that should tell you that it works pretty well for me.

I tried the Dr. Scholl's insoles, and I had mixed feelings about them.  They are extremely comfortable, but they were very, very warm and they made my feet sweat.  They'd be perfect for fall and winter boots if I still lived in the cold, crisp northern climates, but living in Florida, where it's still sandal weather, they're just not as practical.

Finally, the Lindt truffle.  I've actually had this type of Lindt truffle before and it's safe to say that I'm a big fan.  I could chow down a whole bag of these truffles in one sitting if I wanted, but I won't.  I want to, but I won't.  (I'll just keep repeating that as reinforcement of my willpower over the Lindt truffle.)

Overall, this was such a fun Vox Box!!  Thanks again to Influenster for furnishing these great items and spreading the joy in their programs.

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved