Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Baby C is a... {Gender Reveal}

One of the miracles of modern medicine is its ability to give us a lot of information, sometimes very early, allowing us to make decisions about care for ourselves and those we love.  At my 12 week appointment, my doctor conducted genetic blood testing so I could see my risk level for genetic conditions, such as trisomy disorders and Down's syndrome.  This test also gives us information about the sex of the baby.  Though this testing is optional, I knew right away that I wanted it, and I wanted to know the sex of our little Biscotti. 

I received a call about 2.5 weeks later with the results and learned some incredibly happy news.  Our chances for any genetic disorders were extremely low and we found out that we are having a...

GIRL!!!

I was shocked at first because although I didn't care if we were having a girl or a boy, part of me was convinced that it would be a boy.  Once I got used to the thought, I called my husband immediately and told him the big news.   His first thought was that he had hoped for a boy, and then he said "Now we'll have to pay for a wedding."  HA!  Yes, Hubs, that's what comes along with a girl, paying for her wedding.  Silly boy.  Though his dreams of dressing a son in rocker and hockey gear was dashed, he said he was really excited because a girl will be named after his mom (which I'm super happy about too).  AND, I told him he could still dress his little girl in rocker gear and hockey logo'd onesies, so he was a happy dude.  That's compromise, folks.

Having a girl is going to be wonderful.  One of my friends recently told me that I was going to the best girl-mom ever, and that made me unbelievably happy.  Sometimes I'm not sure what kind of mom I'll turn out to be, but I just want to be a good one.  Not a perfect mom, but good for my kiddo.  Also, I know what to do with a girl, but I wouldn't know what to do with a boy, so that's a little bit of stress off of me at an already stressful time.  OH, and my twin sister will be giving me my niece's hand-me-downs, so we already have some clothes and baby equipment waiting for us.  Score!

I also went out this past weekend and started my baby shower registries, and it was fun scanning endless pink items, dresses, bows and headbands.  We're choosing to keep a number of larger ticket items gender neutral (in terms of color and style) in case we have another baby (a boy) in the future, but there's a crazy amount of pink all over everything else.  Hubs really likes it that way, and doesn't want us to shy away from pink just because it's stereotypical.  As a girl, we've accepted that she'll most likely be interested in pink, princesses, ruffles and anything else girly, and we're okay with that.  If she turns out to be more of a tomboy, that's okay too!  The pink can disappear at a later time.

There you have it!!  Baby C, aka Biscotti, is a girl. 

Are you surprised??

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved