Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Big News in Baby Land

So, remember when I said I was going back to work next week?  Well, the plan all along has been to put Avery in a great daycare just down the street from our home that is run through a local church.  I was psyched to use them since the staff was so sweet and they weren't quite as expensive as other centers in our area.

As we approached my return to work and sending Avery to daycare, Hubs and I talked it out and decided that we'd rather have someone take care of Avery at home a little longer.  In those discussions, we talked about who that should be and what would make most sense financially; Those were tough discussions.

In the end, we decided that Hubs will be taking a leave of absence from his job and staying home with Avery for the next 12 weeks after I go back to work.  While I'm beyond thrilled that Avery will get to be home with Daddy for a few more months, I'll miss being home and seeing her adorable smiling face all day.  I'll miss our own little moments, the early morning mommy-and-me naps and our afternoon shopping trips, but Hubs will get to develop his own special moments with her.  I love that they'll get to bond this way.

Hubs is nervous, and I'm nervous, too.  He's doing something hugely important and wonderful for our family, and I'm so freaking blessed to have a husband who WANTS to do this.  Not many men do.  But, I would be lying if I said I didn't wish it was me who would be staying home longer with Avery.  Nonetheless, I know she's in good hands, since Hubs is more than wonderful with her.  It's going to be a big change for Hubs, of course.  He's soon going to see how challenging it can be to stay home and play Mr. Mom (remember that 80's movie with Michael Keaton??) with a young baby who has reflux issues and growth spurts.  All parents know what fun these can be!  I told him that he'll find patience that he never knew he had, and he will get to be present for so many milestones and adorable, heart-melting moments.  Lucky dog!

Hubs promises to bring Avery to meet me for lunch sometimes, and send me videos and pictures so I feel like I'm also enjoying all of those important moments.  This arrangement will also give us a lot more flexibility around the holidays, too, since his work schedule was always a challenge and I have more ability to flex my schedule, take days off, etc.

Did I ever dream that I'd be working while Hubs stayed home with our baby?  Nope.  BUT, this is a great arrangement for us and I'm excited that we can make it happen.

I seriously can't wait to see how the next 12 weeks go.  We're going to be blessed and stressed and full of love for our little one and our life.  Man, we're so fortunate.

2 comments:

Nichole @ casadecrews.com said...

Aww, that is so awesome, Kari! I am glad he can do that for you guys. I can't wait to see/hear/read how it goes :)

Lane said...

I totally understand the wanting it to be you staying with her. But what an awesome bonding time for the two of them! That is so exciting.


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved