Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Feeling Fall -- What I've Been Up To Lately

I absolutely LOVE Fall, and I couldn't be happier that it's upon us.  It just started feeling like Fall here in Florida a couple of weeks ago, when temps started dipping into the 70's (and 50's and 60's in the evenings!).  It feels amazing to have weather that makes wearing hoodies and sweaters possible without sweating through said clothing!  If it gets a little cooler, I'm breaking those scarves and boots out of my closet/clothing jail!  Can't. Wait.

October was a super busy month for us, and it FLEW by.  I cannot even believe that it's November already!  We had a lot of fun in October, even with being busy and sometimes thought we were losing our minds.  Here's a recap of what I've been up to as of late:


  • Avery celebrated her first Halloween!  My husband wasn't sold on dressing her up in a costume since she wouldn't be trick-or-treating or going anywhere special that day (which is apparently the only reason to dress up in a costume...), so I found a cute but inexpensive My First Halloween outfit for Miss Avery to wear that day.  We ended up meeting a friend of mine for lunch, so she did get to show off her new duds.  It was also a beautiful night for trick or treating, with temps in the upper 60's and low 70's, so Hubs and I set up our lawn chairs in the driveway, brought Avery out with us in her Rock 'N Play (covered up with plenty of cozy blankets), and passed out candy.  We had a terrific time and had fun meeting more of our neighbors.

My smiley girl, dressed up in her Halloween gear.  Is she cute or what??

Our candy bowl... which was decimated by ravenous trick-or-treaters.
Yes, we were drinking Abita beer while passing out candy.  That's how we roll.

  • Before trick-or-treating on Halloween, I met my girlfriend, Stephenie, for lunch at a local sports bar and grill.  I walked in and the place must have just opened because there were three old dude at the bar chatting up the bartender, who turned and looked at me like I was an outsider walking into Cheers.  Awwwwkward.  I just did what I do best--acted nonchalant and like I was supposed to be there!  Stephenie showed up not long after that, thankfully, and we had a blast.  It was great to have some grown-up time again!  
  • I did some online shopping for work clothes and found some great deals.  I just need to buy some new work shoes this week and I'll be set for Monday.  I still can't believe that my feet got wider AND longer from being pregnant, as if gaining weight and going up a size (or two) in work pants wasn't bad enough.  Ugh.  I've had to say bye-bye to many pairs of lovely shoes. (Cue sad music.)
  • This past weekend was incredibly busy and productive.  My friend, Jess, and I went to a local Farmer's Market on Saturday morning and I scored all kinds of fresh produce and homemade bread for $20.  I then had the best grilled cheese sandwich of my life from a vendor.  This thing had cheddar cheese, brie, fig preserves and pine nuts, which was oozing from every side of their homemade toasted bread.  I was in heaven.
  • On Sunday, I met my friends for breakfast, then went to the Junior League Holiday Gift Market.  I scored a couple of cute personalized things for Avery and a new collar for my dog.  This is the first year where I didn't buy anything for myself, which is practically a miracle.  
  • On Sunday night, my friend Jess came over and made a delish pierogie dinner for us, then we watched The Walking Dead.  Do you watch this show???  It took me awhile to get into it, but now I love it!  This week's episode was decent, but not as crazy as the first few this season.  I can't wait for next week's episode so I can see what the rest of the gang is up to.
  • Pete was on daddy duty a lot this weekend while I was out and about, and he did great!  He and Avery are so sweet together.  She's recovering from her first cold, so I tried to avoid taking her out to place with lots of people last week and over the weekend.  She seems to be doing a bit better today, thankfully!
  • My maternity leave is almost up, and I'm enjoy my last few days solo with Avery.  We don't have too much planned this week except a few errands and just spending quality time together.  This means excessive snuggling (my little girl is a major cuddle bug!) and time spent cooing and making noises at each other.  Fun times over here.  Next week, however, it's back to reality for moi!
  • The weekend after Halloween, Hubs, Avery and I went to Orlando to visit my sister's family.  We had a blast, and even found time to roast marshmallows and make s'mores using leftover Halloween candy.  If you've never had a s'more made with a Reese's pumpkin instead of a Hershey bar, you're REALLY missing out.  Just sayin'.
  • I have been watching my Michigan State Spartans football every weekend and cheering the team on, even through that sad-sack loss to Ohio State.  That was a heartbreaker.  I'll keep cheering them on, though, because I LOVE my team.  Avery has been sporting her green and white every week, and we'll keep it up throughout the season.  
  • I barely decorated my house for Halloween because I was so freaking busy, crazy and tired from taking care of the baby, the dog, a bunch of house-related crises, as well as making trips to see my sister and parents in different cities.  It was an exhausting month!  I did, however, manage to set up a few fall decorations in time for Thanksgiving, and loaded my Wallflowers plug-ins with fall scents.  Woo hoo!  I feel incredibly accomplished for this
I hope you've all been having a lovely Fall and had a fab Halloween!  

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved