Thursday, November 13, 2014

October Subscription Box Fun

The alternate title of this post was "Better Late Than Never" since I'm about a month late with this post, but with a new baby in the house, that's just what is happening these days!  Sorry 'bout that!

Remember awhile back when I said I was going to cancel all of my subscription boxes?  Well... that didn't exactly happen.  I kept them hanging on for awhile because I am a product lover and just couldn't quit those darn boxes.   My thought was that I should cancel my "luxuries" like subscription boxes and Massage Envy membership until I know what my budget will look like now that I have a baby, who necessitates diapers, formula, clothes, toys... You get the picture.  I want to make sure I'm not going to be broke and unable to afford the things we need for our baby.

In August, I finally pulled the trigger and cancelled Birchbox and Ipsy.  It was done in a moment of confidence and purpose, and I didn't feel bad about it.  Until the next day, when the thought made me a little sad.  Fast forward to today, and I don't really miss Birchbox, though I do find myself missing Ipsy.  Hmph.  I still have another month on my Popsugar Must Have box subscription, and I haven't yet cancelled my quarterly FabFitFun box.  That one's too awesome, and it's only quarterly so I'm going to try to keep that one going for a bit.  I did sign up for a few months of Glossybox along the way because I kept getting sweet offers for free products (hello, full-size Boscia bronzing BB cream!).  I don't know the future of my Glossybox subscription yet.

So, I haven't posted about any of my boxes in a few months, but I did get two last month that are worth talking about:  Popsugar Must Have and Glossybox.  Let's discuss!

Glossybox


Here's what was in the box...

  • Proganix Volume Root Boost Finish + Body Builder (full size) - $11.99
  • Tarte Power Pigment Lip Crayon in Flush (full size) - $24.00
  • Nails Inc. Westminster Bridge Matte Top Coat (full size) - $10.00
  • Sesha Botanical Hydra Mask (full size) - $9.00
  • Vince Camuto Amore Eau de Parfum (deluxe sample) - $5.73
  • Hello Fresh $40 off a food box subscription
This is my second month of Glossybox and what I can say is that the value is definitely there.  You pay $21/month and this month I received $60.72 worth of products (not counting the coupon), most of which were full size.  That's pretty awesome compared to many beauty subs.  

As far as the products go, I've tried most of them.  I love, love, love the Tarte lip crayon.  The Flush shade is perfect for my skin tone, and gives them a nice, rosy, slightly-glossy finish.  It's perfection on my sweet little lips!  The Proganix Root Boost spray is also really nice.  I love the scent, and it did do a nice job of building root volume for me.  This is my first time trying a Proganix product,and I'd love to try other products in this line.  The matte top coat was also pretty great.  I liked it on my finger nails, as it really enhanced the look of my standard polishes and made them look very different.  The Vince Camuto EDP was okay, but the scent doesn't stand out on my skin.  I normally like a floral fragrance, but I just wasn't wowed by this one.  I haven't tried the Sesha mask yet, and I haven't used the Hello Fresh coupon.  Overall impression:  Excellent!  I can't believe I waited so long to try Glossybox!

Popsugar Must Have


Here's what I got...
  • Happy Socks Animal Socks - $12.00
  • butter LONDON WINK Eye Pencil in Earl Grey - $18.00
  • Isaac Jacobs International Acrylic Picture Frame - $36.00
  • Mine Design Chalkboard Soy Message Ceramic Candle in Pomegranate - $24.00
  • Dean & Deluca Pumpkin Spice Malt Balls - $5.75
  • Nailed Kit Halloween Nail Art - $8.00
  • K. Hall Designs Shoreline Shea Butter/Olive Oil Soap - $10.00
  • Blue Jean Bar $40 off a blue jean box
This was another month where the value was fantastic.  The subscription costs $39.95/month, and this month's box was worth $113.75, not counting the coupon.  I really love everything in the box.  The nail art stickers were ADORABLE for Halloween, and I have plenty left for next year.  The soap smells great and is light and neutral enough for even my husband's liking.  The eye pencil is creamy and applies easily and evenly, so it will be part of my regular makeup routine this Fall.  The chalkboard candle is PERFECT as a decoration for my Christmas party (with a cute holiday message written across it!), and the fruity fragrance is perfect for any time of year.  The socks are super cute in a black, gray and hot pink leopard print, and will be a fun way to brighten up one of my work ensembles this winter.  The picture frame is also simple and perfect, and will probably end up sporting a picture of my baby girl and sitting on my desk at work.  Overall impression:  Once again, very, very good!  I sincerely love this sub.  


Have you subscribed to Popsugar or Glossybox?  
What are your impressions of them?  

1 comment:

Nichole @ casadecrews.com said...

I still don't belong to any subscription services! I need to change this


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved