Thursday, February 5, 2015

Catching Up

Hey there, friends!  It's been awhile since I posted a good status update on things around here.  I figure that now's the best time, with so much chaos and things moving in a hundred different directions. 
  • Some of you have asked about my recent post on healthy and having a positive body image.  Apparently it was a smidge controversial for a few people, namely those who found it on Twitter.  (Imagine that!)  I'll be posting a follow-up regarding that commentary soon.
  • We're going to be remodeling our kitchen very, very soon!  After lots of starts and stops at the end of last year with unreliable contractors, we finally got some traction and the work should be completed within the next few weeks.  This is just one of several home renovation projects I've got in mind for this year.
  • Avery is growing like a weed (the cutest kind of weed of course... like a dandelion)!  She's 5 months old now and in 9 month clothes and pajamas because of her length.  She's long and skinny, and I know she doesn't get that from me!  She has started eating solids (veggies only at this point) and she's still a bit skeptical of it all--the food, the spoon, the highchair, everything. 
  • Work is CRAZY these days, but I did find time to attend a great blogger dining event recently in my city and see some friends.  Life is great, regardless of the stress and uncertainty at times!
  • My sister is having another baby, and it's a girl!  So, I'm going to be an aunt again, and my parents will be welcoming their third granddaughter in 3 years.  It's insane that they'll all be a year apart in age, but they'll be such great friends.
  • My 14-year-old Miniature Schnauzer recently had to have some teeth removed during her dental cleaning, a cyst removed from her forehead, and we found some tumors in her belly.  Fortunately, they were benign fatty masses, but it still scared me a great deal.  I love that dog like she's my own baby.
  • I barely watched the Super Bowl this year, but was glued to the television during the halftime show.  I loved Katy Perry, but I think Missy Elliott stole the show!!  I hope Missy's on her way back with some new material.
  • I've been missing my normal TV shows, but I've got The Mindy Project, so it's not so bad.  Can you believe the latest development on that show??  I'm NOT going to reveal any spoilers, but this is crazy.  I can't wait to see what happens next!
  • I'm trying to revamp my blog, so you may see some changes around here in the coming months.  I hope you like the new format!
  • I got some new books for Christmas, so I've got some reading goals, health goals and financial goals for this year.  Not that I'm trying to bite off more than I can chew or anything.... I just have to start somewhere!
  • I've got some beauty and subscription box posts back in the works after a number of you mentioned that you missed seeing those.  Gotcha covered, ladies!
I hope you have all had a lovely winter thus far.  I know February weather can be a beast no matter where you live.  Florida weather has been unpredictable but at least there's no snow to shovel! 

Looking forward to sharing more with you this year!

1 comment:

Nichole @ casadecrews.com said...

"like a dandelion", awwww. Congrats to your sister!! And I can't wait to see the new kitchen...just wait until you see my amazing 1980's one, lol.


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved