Monday, August 3, 2015

Celebrating National Ice Cream Month at Del Frisco's Grille

Summers in Florida are H.O.T., ya'll.   And we need everything we can get to cool ourselves down, from a swim in a refreshing pool to a delicious ice cream treat.

Recently, my husband and I had a date night and visited a new Del Frisco's Grille location in Tampa to try out their Adult Milk Shakes.  I mean, July was National Ice Cream Month after all... How could I say no to ice cream in the peak of the summer heat in Florida?  That's right, it was just impossible, diet be damned.  Ice cream won.

When we sat down and reviewed the menu, I noticed that the cocktail, beer and wine menu took up one whole page and the food took up the entire back page.  50/50.  Equal measure.  With that, I knew I was going to love this place.

So, Hubs and I both had one starter cocktail to get things rolling.  I tried the VIP Martini, made with a delightful "Sweet Hawaiian Gold Pineapple-infused Svedka Clementine Vodka".  Delish and dangerous.  I could have had 3 more before knowing what I'd done to myself!  My husband opted for a beer. (He's a simple man with simple, but great, taste.)


Next, we had an appetizer--the Cheesesteak Eggrolls.  We were starving after a long day of me working and him running after our little one, so we devoured them before I could even grab a picture!  They were to die for though.  Seriously.

Following that, we both had The Grille Prime Cheeseburger and also split a side order of Truffled Mac & Cheese along with our Adult Milk Shakes.  Here are some photos for your undoubtedly hungry eyes...

The Spread -- Check out that adorable little ketchup bottle!

Amazing Truffled Mac & Cheese - The ruffled pasta was perfect!

The Adult Milk Shake

So the Adult Milk Shake was my primary reason for visiting but that Cheeseburger... oh my... I haven't had a cheeseburger in months and it was phenomenal.  Two medium-thickness patties with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and something called "Sloppy Sauce".  Whatever it was, it was yummy.

The Adult Milk Shake was everything my July ice cream fantasies were made of, with vanilla ice cream, creme de cacao, chocolate liqueur, and walnut liqueur.  A great, big, ol' boozy milk shake.  Yes, please!  It was creamy, had the perfect hit of chocolate flavor without being overly rich, and it was so, so refreshing on a hot summer day.

This was such a great dinner to end a crazy, hot day, and I had a great time celebrating National Ice Cream Month on a much-needed date night with my husband.

I recommend that you check out Del Frisco's Grille in Tampa as well, especially for their cocktail menu and Adult Milk Shake.  You can thank me later.  Also, follow Del Frisco's Grille Tampa on Twitter and Facebook to hear about upcoming promotions or menu items.

No comments:


My photo
Tampa, Florida, United States
I'm a wife, daughter and amazing twin sister. I'm a mom to my adorable dog, Bella. Loves: Shopping, cooking, baking, good grammar and Dave Matthews Band. I'm also a Bath and Body Works addict, a Michigan State Spartans fanatic, and an iPhone aficionado. I see beauty in simple things and little things make me ever-so-happy. Welcome to my world!


La Bella Vita

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Crisdan Designs

Categories

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved